Sonic Electronix

Hey.. this might be a dumb question but i did my big 3 already and have 2 yellowtops, i have at least 20ft extra of 1/0 guage knukonceptz kolossus flex so i put my fuse in (close to starter batt) ran it to backseat all hidden to 2nd yellowtop, and havent put the ring terminals on yet b/c they are TOO SMALL for the battery posts (ontop).. i can link them to the side, but id really hate to b/c my 4 ch. is going on the side posts, along with my crescendo 3k amps.. so do i just drill the ring terminals to make them fit the top posts??? or go with the soon-to-be crouded sides..?

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

Hey.. this might be a dumb question but i did my big 3 already and have 2 yellowtops, i have at least 20ft extra of 1/0 guage knukonceptz kolossus flex so i put my fuse in (close to starter batt) ran it to backseat all hidden to 2nd yellowtop, and havent put the ring terminals on yet b/c they are TOO SMALL for the battery posts (ontop).. i can link them to the side, but id really hate to b/c my 4 ch. is going on the side posts, along with my crescendo 3k amps.. so do i just drill the ring terminals to make them fit the top posts??? or go with the soon-to-be crouded sides..?

I just got a battery terminal and put the ring terminal under the bolt of the batt terminal. might not be what people would say is good but it works good for me

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

KnuKonceptz battery terminal

you only mentioned one fuse, i hope you have a fuse near each battery.

you only need one 300amp fuse i thoguth from battery to battery? i only ordered 3 300amp fuses, 1 for crescedo power wire-batt, 1 for battery to battery, and 1 for the wire i havent ran yet (alt to battery, aka. only wire i havent ran yet for big 3)

and second.. uhm should i order 2 of those? so i can use my ground wire on the top post of the rear seat batt. too? i just goit my friggen knu order in last week and ill have to do another one.. so i might just stick it on side posts...lol

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

yes get 2 top terminals and wire your ground of battery to somewhere in the back of the car and then wire your amp to the side. then you'll have the top for the power and ground for the batt and the side for your amps power and ground. thats how i have mine set up except more than 1 batt but same concept.

aaaa.png

"WHOEVER SAID MONEY CAN'T BUY HAPPINESS MUST OF BEEN BROKE"

yes get 2 top terminals and wire your ground of battery to somewhere in the back of the car and then wire your amp to the side. then you'll have the top for the power and ground for the batt and the side for your amps power and ground. thats how i have mine set up except more than 1 batt but same concept.

k i just called my buddy, he has a set of side post terminals for me, and he has uhm.. raptor? top terminals aswell for me, for a great deal, saves me a week or so of waiting for knu, so im gunna pick em up, thanks everyone

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

KnuKonceptz battery terminal

you only mentioned one fuse, i hope you have a fuse near each battery.

k i got all that stuff, well gunna go get, but you said i need 2 fuses to link the batteries? :s he cant get a 300amp inliner for 48 hrs+

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

k i got all that stuff, well gunna go get, but you said i need 2 fuses to link the batteries? :s he cant get a 300amp inliner for 48 hrs+

Then you wait till you get one. It isn't worth burning your car down to have tunes sooner.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Then you wait till you get one. It isn't worth burning your car down to have tunes sooner.

hmm kk, im just going with what my friend said to do (owns car audio shop here) and hes only got 2 kinetiks and he only has 1 300amp fuse thats close to the starter battery, but what does the 2nd fuse do thats close to the rear seat battery? doesnt the current draw from alt-starter batt (300amper there), then starter-rear seat (1 fuse there)? then to the amps, but they have their own fuses.

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

hmm kk, im just going with what my friend said to do (owns car audio shop here) and hes only got 2 kinetiks and he only has 1 300amp fuse thats close to the starter battery, but what does the 2nd fuse do thats close to the rear seat battery? doesnt the current draw from alt-starter batt (300amper there), then starter-rear seat (1 fuse there)? then to the amps, but they have their own fuses.

If you don't put a fuse near your rear battery you have a whole length of wire that is unprotected. The physical location in the car has nothing to do with a battery needing a fuse or not. If you need a fuse near a battery in the front, you need a fuse near a battery in the front. Adding fuses will hurt nothing, but not having a fuse can destroy everything. Be safe when adding batteries, wait for a second fuse.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69