Sonic Electronix

Where do you guys buy your fiber glass matting & resin from locally

I want to go ahead and really seal the inside of my new box that I'm building for the 18's. I wanted to know where should I be looking at locally to buy this stuff? The only place I can find that carries resin is Ace Hardware.

Edited by pervitizm

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Diamond Audio D3 6 1/2 components

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

DC Sound Lab Level 4 18's with Level 5 coils

Autotek Mean Machine 400.1D (replaced)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

I got some of the materials for my Buddy at Home Depot, but you can also at Auto Parts Stores

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

I got some of the materials for my Buddy at Home Depot, but you can also at Auto Parts Stores

Really, homedepot? I was on their website for like 30 minute yesterday looking for resin and fiber glass matting. The only stuff that was coming up was fiberglass insulation for homes. I'll check out O'Reilys, Ace Hardware, and Homedepot today when I get off work. The cheap clamps I brought from Harbor Freights broke on me last night so all of my sides that I was trying to get a good bond with didn't because of the clamps or lack of clamps. Thanks for the help guys.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

Confuscious say "he who say it can't be done shouldn't be bothering man busy doing it"

Now feel free to go crawl back under that rock and leave this to the professionals....

home depot: the matting is in the painting area... i bought my resin from Ace hardware tho

2006 Altima 2.5

Alpine Iva- w200 Head unit

2 L7 kicker 12s in a slot ported box tuned to 38 Hz

Rf T10001 @ 1 ohm

Rf P4004 @ 4 ohms

Poineer TS-D161R 6.5" in door panels

Pioneer TS-D690R 6" x 9" in rear

stinger 1/0 wiring

i got mine from walmart u can get a jug of it for 11$ and they sell the woven matt also.....its 3m brand too :)

2001 Grand AM

Pioneer UB4000 HU

Tsunami / Monster Wire's

DC POWER INC 260SP ALT w/ XS Power VCM

BIG 3 All 1/0 Monster 400 + YT Under Hood

Stinger SPV70 x2 in Trunk

4x SA-10's On There Way soon i hope

SS XXX-4000D @ .7ohm 3K+

RF Power 4x6's & 6x9's Monsoon Powered

PG TL22 Line Driver

148.7db @ 35-45hz sweep w/ 12" BTL

Really, homedepot? I was on their website for like 30 minute yesterday looking for resin and fiber glass matting. The only stuff that was coming up was fiberglass insulation for homes. I'll check out O'Reilys, Ace Hardware, and Homedepot today when I get off work. The cheap clamps I brought from Harbor Freights broke on me last night so all of my sides that I was trying to get a good bond with didn't because of the clamps or lack of clamps. Thanks for the help guys.

IT was located with the paint section ,with the patching and stuff like that

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

i get my stuff from walmart and what knot, i just get the fiberglass repare kit, does good for all i need

but u can get a larger quantity at pritty much any auto parts store

and if u got a doller store get your brushes there

but if u really want to do some work go here http://www.tapplastics.com/ they sell everything you would need to make anything custom really ecept metal i think, there more a plastic/fiberglass site, theres some others too but i forgot em

but walmart is closer for me so i just go there and get the fiberglass repair kit, but they sell up to 1gal cans of resin and extra mat and mekp too

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

Well hell I have a super Walmart down the street from me. I'll stop there first then after I get off work in the morning. I was in the phone book yesterday looking for boat repair shops and what not. This was after I looked on Home Depot's site and couldn't find anything. But I'll check out all the places you guys recommened tomorrow. Again thanks for the help.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT1

Pioneer AVH 5700 DVD

Kicker 06ZX650.4 amp

Kicker 06ZX2500.1 (x 2)

Soon to come:

rims

body kit

flow master pipes

I get my matting and what not from oreillys, my resin comes from another source, lets just say if it didnt cost so much to ship id sell you all some. I get it by the 55gal barrel. Hardware stores are cheaper than parts stores to buy it most of the time thou

Edited by superdave07

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com