Sundown Audio

audiopipe 30001 amp

mason313

I think it does.Let's see.From Eric's facepalm comment, I can derive that Eric is one of the many that believes that amp is a poor solution for those looking to get higher wattages out of a cheaper amp, and that when you buy cheap, you get cheap.No offense to the original poster;if that's what you can afford, than good for you to have the money to be able to throw around on car audio.But you might as well kiss any hope of getting clean power to your subs goodbye.

Correct me if I'm wrong Eric ;)

I think he means people should use the freakin' search button because we see this question like eighty bajillion times a week.

Too many projects, too little time...

yep, for 600 2 ap3ks > the 1 2500...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

I think it does.Let's see.From Eric's facepalm comment, I can derive that Eric is one of the many that believes that amp is a poor solution for those looking to get higher wattages out of a cheaper amp, and that when you buy cheap, you get cheap.No offense to the original poster;if that's what you can afford, than good for you to have the money to be able to throw around on car audio.But you might as well kiss any hope of getting clean power to your subs goodbye.

Correct me if I'm wrong Eric ;)

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. It does rated power but its dirty, made with poor cheap components. The reason for the facepalm is because I always see people suggesting the amp and its garbage. There are plenty of other cheaper amps out there that do rated, hifonics brutus, mb quart discus, crunch gp3k, ect ect.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

By 600 do you mean $475?And that price is OBO.

http://www.caraudiodeals.com/audiopipe-ap30001d-p-1453.html

uhh no... i mean 600$ for 2....

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Pretty much hit the nail on the head. It does rated power but its dirty, made with poor cheap components. The reason for the facepalm is because I always see people suggesting the amp and its garbage. There are plenty of other cheaper amps out there that do rated, hifonics brutus, mb quart discus, crunch gp3k, ect ect.

im curious on how you say its dirty power... can you prove that its dirty power?

i see alot of bashing of equipment.. ive personally ran the amp in question and have never had a problem with my subs, or anything for that matter...

Team DC Audio

CIMG0458.jpg

CIMG0456.jpg

CIMG0455.jpg

my old ap3k

Team DC Audio

Only one that I'd trust to do 3k is the crunch gp3k but you can't get those for 300 shipped brand new now can you?

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Quoted from Chris at db-r

AP3K is just cheap power, it's pretty straightforward, it will move your speakers for less money, but it's construction methods leaves some to be desired. It's got good parts in it, that isn't the problem. The problem is the ultra cheap ass circuit board and cheap hardware etc. If you are on a budget, get it, if you got more to spend, get something more expensive, will move your speakers good either way. May or may not last forever, though many people claim long life from them, I have worked on plenty, and also heard at one time the Massive P3000.1 had a 50% failure rate out of the box, and it's pretty much same as the ap3k. Made by FSA, the people who made the recalled RD 3250v2 amps and the fail audiopipe AQX3500.1 amp (same as RD 3250v2 board).

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

Archived