4 Ascendant SMD 18's, 36kwrms!! - teamSPB Project D*FN U...NEW UPDATES! 9kwrms PER SMD!!

Lookin good, but imo the bumpers just look weird cuz of the way the engine bay is...

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Last few bits and bobs on the exterior....

Bulb change

DSC06390.jpg

Not really a fan of orange indicators...

DSC04554.jpg

The lights were cut open, and then the orange filter broken and cut out...coupled with some silver bulbs

DSC04559.jpg

This was the result

DSC04563.jpg

MUCH better

DSC04555.jpg

DSC04561.jpg

teamSPB

go to your first post in the thread and click edit< and then click use full editor and you will see it on top

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

go to your first post in the thread and click edit< and then click use full editor and you will see it on top

Thank you kind sir! All done now :)

And thank you to the other people that mentioned it...I didnt click the full editor...ops!

teamSPB

After the air ride project...it was time to strip the vehicle down for some sound deadening....

For some reason I have lost alot of pics of this stage, so will put up what I have...

Right...what was used for sound deadening.....

ALL the sides was done with 2 layers x 4mm Loudboys deadening + 2 layers x Second Skin Damp Pro + SS Overkill (just wanted to test the Overkill product out)

The floor was done with 1 layer x 4mm Loudboys deadening + 1 layer x 18mm MDF

The roof was done with 2-4 layers x 18mm MDF

Any gaps were filled with fire retardant expanding foam

Vehicle stripped

DSC04400.jpg

DSC02115.jpg

2 layers of LD's deadening applied

DSC02116.jpg

SS Damp Pro applied

DSC02119.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

Other side was stripped and done to

DSC04372.jpg

DSC04379.jpg

Both sides done...Note the Turbonetics T61 turbo sat there ;)

DSC04377.jpg

Tailgate is also deadened fully...however, its now too heavy to stay up in the air so a pair of molgrips come in EXTREMELY handy LOL!

DSC04404.jpg

Next up was to attack the floor...

DSC04402.jpg

teamSPB

Layer of 4mm deadening going down...

DSC04567.jpg

This stuff was a great size for laying down on a large area...no cutting was needed at all thank the lord! LOL! It really is a bit of a pain to work with...but man does it stiffen up panels!!!

Making MDF panels for the flooring

DSC04565.jpg

Then bonded and glued into place

DSC04572.jpg

DSC04570.jpg

There was then around 100-150kgs of weight added on top of the MDF to help adhere properly to the deadening below...

Once this was cured (I allowed 3 days), I done a test...try to lift up the MDF from the corner with all my force...I did my back in LOL!!!!

At this point, the next step was the Roof....

It is REALLY weak, AND I had the added bonus of TWO sunroofs which is a pain in the ***!!!

First off was to tackle the thin sheets of metal.....Welcome Mr Singh (Am) to help me with this bit...with the roof sanded down, it was time to cut some MDF and bond it to the roof...

DSC04389.jpg

DSC04564.jpg

DSC04573.jpg

DSC04578.jpg

This piece was cut to cover the complete roof section (Well from driver seat back)

DSC05557.jpg

Where the sunroofs are...LOADS and I mean LOADS of insulation was used to keep pressure applied to the glass...this was placed and glued onto the MDF

This picture shows around half the amount used on the second sunroof

DSC05558.jpg

On the outside, the glass has been sealed and bonded shut...seems to work a treat!

teamSPB

The roof section was then raised....and PACKED....when I say packed...I mean around 8-10cans of expandy foam!! The roof is SOLID!...I got up on it and jumped...and took my weight no problem!

DSC05850.jpg

The front sunroof was also covered up and everything was FG'd together...

DSC05829.jpg

DSC05828.jpg

teamSPB

Archived