4 Ascendant SMD 18's, 36kwrms!! - teamSPB Project D*FN U...NEW UPDATES! 9kwrms PER SMD!!

i cant look at this build anymore i might cheat on my gf

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

• 3 weeks later...

Time for an update me thinks!

The power cable from alts to the rear batteries has been ran...in total, there are 4 runs of 0g Knu Konceptz Fleks positive, and 2 runs of 0g Knu Konceptz negative...This was run underneath the vehicle to keep things neater inside the cabing etc...besides, running 6 runs of 0g into the cabin wasnt going to be fun work!

The KK Fleks stuff is meant to be able to supply around 350a safely...so technically it should be OK for the power the alts will chuck out...if more runs need to be added, its not a problem in the slightest as we can keep adding them on the underside of the vehicle...

Luckily, due to it being a people carrier, there is TONS of room underneath the vehicle...the cable is pushed far up so things like the rear axle, petrol tank, sump, exhaust manifold will all hit the floor before the wiring is even within I would guess at 6inches to the floor!

This was the cabling from before - 45m of 0g!

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2710.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0224.jpg

Getting closer to the front 'engine' bay

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

Time to neaten things up!...Lots of cable ties at the ready!

IMG_0228.jpg

IMG_0229.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

These are some BIG heavy duty cable ties used to hold the 0g up against the chassis

IMG_0236.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

You can see the wiring for the air compressors/relays etc just behind the 0g

IMG_0239.jpg

Running alongside the petrol tank and into the underside guard

IMG_0241.jpg

Hole made in the back of the vehicle to run 0g through

IMG_0242.jpg

Excess cable as I dont know where abouts the batteries will be positioned yet

IMG_0243.jpg

Cables running along side the brake lines

IMG_0247.jpg

PLENTY of space!! maybe I went a bit OTT on the size of the hole lol

IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0256.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

And a rather funny problem for a people carrier to have when trying to take the jack out PMSL!!

IMG_0259.jpg

Some people wanted to see my compressor etc and where it was mounted...well here ya go!!!

IMG_0246.jpg

Huge shout goes to Rayvern for sorting that out for me!! We didnt know howmuch room we would be left with or had NO idea what was even being put into the vehicle when the air ride was installed, so Ray opted to put the airtanks, compressors, relayz etc on the underside so we could easily access it should we need to!

Thats another mission out the way!!!!

Next up is seeing whether or not the air ride will cope with another 250-300kgs worth of weight!!!!!

On another note...the D5 has been sold so from next week we should start seeing the arrival of a pair of SPL Dynamics ICE 3500d's...ill be buying these a pair at a time when I can!

teamSPB

Archived