Sonic Electronix

thread is full of fail...

first off, i really dont like your general attitude tigolbity. the first post here a guy gave you a very LEGIT answer and you shot him down.... you are still a new member to this site so giving people crap is not the thing to do...

sorry if you feel like im hittin down on ya, but its the truth.

now i would most definitely tune your box right around the 35-38hz.. there you will still smash some lows, but hit alot of highs, get good dbs and be loud. 6 inches from the hatch should be amazing.

Also i would do a layer or two of SSA on the hatch and even on your roof... btw the vid you posted up was not that bad dude :good:

just a question... do you ever plan on keeping the same subs and power? or upgrading in the future?

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

ok box is 16h x42w x24d.

port - 6"h x15"w x 16"l

gives you 6cubes after displacement. 41hz

what!?! lol thats the biggest fucking port ive seen in my life haha

are you being serious?

i was using the12volt.com

i put 6"w, 6"h, 6.5 cubes, tuned to 35 hz... and it said my port needs to be 5 inches long =\

can you even your thing out more?

instead of being 6x15x16, maybe 10x10x10 because i can only go like 11" long with the port and 15" wide is my max also. but i wanna put some supports in there also.

and my subs + braceing is gonna be about 1.3 cubes of displacement.

i think 6 cubes would be perfect after all of the displacement

are you being serious?

i put 6"w, 6"h, 6.5 cubes, tuned to 35 hz... and it said my port needs to be 5 inches long =\

instead of being 6x15x16, maybe 10x10x10 because i can only go like 11" long with the port and 15" wide is my max also. but i wanna put some supports in there also.

remember, ported boxes NEED port area. your port is very small, even though it looks large it doesnt meet the "requirements" of a port. which is 12-16 square inches of port area (width times height) PER cubic foot.. so 6cuft of box would need between 72 and 96 square inches of portz. i tried putting 1" PVC in a buddys box (1cuft) and it sounded like assss with all the port noise so you gotta watch out for that. i think this is one of the things "new" people always underlook when its one of the most important things.

edit: btw a 1" piece of pvc only has .78sqin of area, which would be sufficient enough for a box that is between .0625 and .04875cuft (using the 12-16 'method') if my math is correct.

remember, ported boxes NEED port area. your port is very small, even though it looks large it doesnt meet the "requirements" of a port. which is 12-16 square inches of port area (width times height) PER cubic foot.. so 6cuft of box would need between 72 and 96 square inches of portz. i tried putting 1" PVC in a buddys box (1cuft) and it sounded like assss with all the port noise so you gotta watch out for that. i think this is one of the things "new" people always underlook when its one of the most important things.

me and skittlesRgood are on the right page. i would like everyone else to stop talking.

are you being serious?

and my subs + braceing is gonna be about 1.3 cubes of displacement.

i think 6 cubes would be perfect after all of the displacement

when ever ive used the12volt boxes always sounded off... maybe just a bad build?? nahhh. look on here for torres calc (i think its called that)

and if you and skitz are soooo good then take it to a pm...

but me, id listen to kranny, skitz has some amazing builds and sick shit! but kranny knows what the fuck hes talkin bout

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

im very serious. the port in the vid is very small. i mean i can go smaller like... 9x9x 14"l. wouldnt want to go much smaller than that man. itll give you more output than that tiny port.

my box is 4cubes with two 6" round ports.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived