Sonic Electronix

i have:

98 jeep grand cherokee

pioneer head unit

4 12" kenwood single 4 ohm 1200w max subs (1 cube min. 2 cubes max) wired down to 1 ohm

2000w rms amp

8 cube box

if this matters:

big 3 upgrade w/ 4 guage wires.

generic napa battery

0 guage power/ground

8 guage speaker wire

subs firing up, port firing back.

my question:

what would you tune my box to?

i have:

98 jeep grand cherokee

pioneer head unit

4 12" kenwood single 4 ohm 1200w max subs (1 cube min. 2 cubes max) wired down to 1 ohm

2000w rms amp

8 cube box

if this matters:

big 3 upgrade w/ 4 guage wires.

generic napa battery

0 guage power/ground

8 guage speaker wire

subs firing up, port firing back.

my question:

what would you tune my box to?

i would tune it to 26hz after i re-designed with a different internal volume.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

IMO the choice is up to you, although i like lows like many people so I would say 33 - 38 hrz but I'm sure many people have different suggestions as well

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'

hahaha, i have to ask you a question because none of that stuff matters for tuning.

what are your goals? do you want tons of lows? high numbers? what do you like?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

hahaha, i have to ask you a question because none of that stuff matters for tuning.

what are your goals? do you want tons of lows? high numbers? what do you like?

damnit.. lmfao poeple in my earlier posts were asking me all these questions instead of answering my questions...

i would like my system to hurt my ears (meaning decent dbs)

but i still want my car to fall apart :D

well for higher dbs i would tell you to tune around 40hz. wont sound the best but it wont sound bad. just the box being in the car will most likely lower tuning anyways. make sure the port has at least 4" until the hatch. the more the better.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

well for higher dbs i would tell you to tune around 40hz. wont sound the best but it wont sound bad. just the box being in the car will most likely lower tuning anyways. make sure the port has at least 4" until the hatch. the more the better.

:D you are the most helpful person ive met on here haha

anyway to add you as a friend on here?

and also. i only got 3.25 inches between port and hatch =\

my jeep on has 30 inches from the back seat to hatch. and 2 12's from the seat is 24" at minimum but my box is 26 inches plus 3/4in. for my port board since its changable or whatever.

does this mean i gotta get a new design?

:D you are the most helpful person ive met on here haha

anyway to add you as a friend on here?

and also. i only got 3.25 inches between port and hatch =\

my jeep on has 30 inches from the back seat to hatch. and 2 12's from the seat is 24" at minimum but my box is 26 inches plus 3/4in. for my port board since its changable or whatever.

does this mean i gotta get a new design?

how wide is the cargo area? depending on how wide, you could probably stagger the subs a bit and get more clearance from the box to the liftgate.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

Archived