How Bad Is This??

I have a buddy that is running a brutus 2610D, hes got a dc power alt and his voltmeter at the batt reads 14.5 at idle, when full tilt reads 14.0-13.9, all he has in the trunk is a hybrid power acoustik capacitor. Today i noticed his voltages differ. When first startup the batt voltage in front is 14.8 and so it the cap's. But after some time listening to music, when he full tilts it his batt in front reads 14.0 to 13.9, but his hybrid cap reads 13.5 to 11.1 when the songs freq changes. I got out my voltage meter and the amps read the same voltage as the caps. How can this problem be fixed.

EDIT:: Car is a Civic, has a everstart batt in front

Edited by Toady

loose the cap >.>

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

theres 1 2 3 people that say drop the cap, caps are useless in small set ups iirc, not 100% sure, but then again idk why its acting the oppisite of what its sopost to do unless im not thinking right

edit: yes it is messing with the voltage, if you drop the cap then the voltage from your batt youll be getting at the amp unless it has a set limit on how much voltage it can take, like some audiopipes are set at 12v i beleave

Edited by Freshman6969

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

id get rid of the cap and see how that does....my buddies swear by caps and well i rather use a extra sealed battery than add a cap to a system....

I agree, i think hes planning on group 31 yellowtop

he's working on that, hes got a part time job and full time student. right now we are just trying to diagnose a problwm, are you saying the cap is lowering amp volts??

well, its a pretty easy breakdown just on what you said. if the voltage is 14.0-13.9 at the battery and then it drops that low @ the amp, the only thing in between is the cap.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco