Sundown Audio

alright well i got her hooked up earlier and went to set it up with a DMM well i had gain on minimum SSF on 21, LPF on 8 0 . i removed the speaker wire and played decafs 45 hz -4.6 db tone and it went into protect after 2 seconds. but 15 min earlier when i hooked up the DD to test evrything i had gain on half and all was fine. is it the DMM somehow screwing things up or is it because the speaker wires removed? (i saw on the clamp test thread the speaker wires were left in)

Edited by Ji553r

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

Do the sundowns have clip protect? If not, it could be the dmm..was the ground lead loose on it? just ideas..idk man

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Do the sundowns have clip protect? If not, it could be the dmm..was the ground lead loose on it? just ideas..idk man

i think its either the DMM or the fact the speaker wire was removed if they have some sort of short protection or whatever. gain was minimum and there was a click and switched to protect. power is stock front batt Big 3 rear batt hc2400 kinetik. i will double check the ground but as i was driving away right afterwards i just put the gain back on half, reconnected speaker, turned car off then back on and it was playing fine

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

yea, leave the wires in but disconnect them from the sub box. the signal gotta go somewhere .. right??

ok its all worth a shot. i will go try it now. weird coincidence but we have the same exact posts! :P

ok its all worth a shot. i will go try it now. weird coincidence but we have the same exact posts! :P

I thought you were supposed to set gains with the dmm leads in the terminals, not with the speaker wire in it..

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

I thought you were supposed to set gains with the dmm leads in the terminals, not with the speaker wire in it..

thats what i did at first...but on the sundown amp clamp test the speakers were connected

edit: it didnt work it still goes into protect as soon as the gain is touched. does anybody know what is going on

Edited by Ji553r

do you have the eq settings on the h/u all set to flat?? bass boost to zero?? try setting everything to zero then do the dmm testing.. get your results and get back with me

been like that since the start. bass boost on amp is 0. gain remote is max because its not a bass boost remote its gain level.

Hook the speaker back up and do it. Resistance vs. No resistance. Well I'm sure with the DMM there's some but obviously not a lot.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals