Sundown Audio

having the speaker wire hooked up but disconnected from the subs is the same a just disconnecting the wires from the amp.

In the clamp test for the amps you have to have everything hooked up because its measuring the actual current output.

some amps like to fry if you play them with no speaker hooked up. how long were you testing?

Edited by fritosaregood

i rode around for the longest time with my saz1500d hooked up with no speaker.... never blew ;bullshit claim

well it has happened to some ppl.. you got lucky.

were your rcas hooked up?

Edited by fritosaregood

having the speaker wire hooked up but disconnected from the subs is the same a just disconnecting the wires from the amp.

In the clamp test for the amps you have to have everything hooked up because its measuring the actual current output.

some sundown amps like to fry if you play them with no speaker hooked up. how long were you testing?

just 10 seconds...like 3 times. after it went to protect i just stopped my ipod and turned off my car then back on it was good to go again

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

i rode around for the longest time with my saz1500d hooked up with no speaker.... never blew ;bullshit claim

Well there's been a few warranty claim where people were running there amps all hooked up minus the speakers and POOF. Its because the amp is playing with no resistance and it goes poof. Maybe he's lucky and its going in to protect before it goes poof.

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

just 10 seconds...like 3 times. after it went to protect i just stopped my ipod and turned off my car then back on it was good to go again

i think it already got said a few mins ago, but try it again with the speaker hooked up and see what happens

Well there's been a few warranty claim where people were running there amps all hooked up minus the speakers and POOF. Its because the amp is playing with no resistance and it goes poof. Maybe he's lucky and its going in to protect before it goes poof.

i will definitely try that in the morning. is that the only thing wrong that comes to mind or is there other things i should try too

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

been like that since the start. bass boost on amp is 0. GAIN REMOTE IS MAX because its not a bass boost remote its gain level.

i would turn down the gain. def don't have it turned up to max, could easily be the problem.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

i would turn down the gain. def don't have it turned up to max, could easily be the problem.

the gain know only turns the gain up to as high as the actual amp is set at.

its not bass boost its basically an extension of the gain level at my fingertips and if i set the remote at minimum then set the amp then turn the remote up that negates the point of using the DMM. but to that note i will disconnect it before i do it again