Sundown Audio

the gain know only turns the gain up to as high as the actual amp is set at.

ok, i have never messed with a sundown amp, just read he had the remote gain turned all the way up. didn't know using the remote gain only let you turn the gain up as high as it is on the amp itself.

2000 2dr blazer

15" diamond audio d3

4 cubic ft. tuned @ 32hz (slot port, sub back, port back)

debating on a wall or no wall.

Shay-kee

[quote name='fritosaregood' date='25 July 2010 - 10:15 PM' timestamp='1280110548' post='1153908'

some sundown amps like to fry if you play them with no speaker hooked up. how long were you testing?

Some ANY brand amps will fry with no speakers hooked up. You can get the output voltage beyond what it should be with no load connected.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Some ANY brand amps will fry with no speakers hooked up. You can get the output voltage beyond what it should be with no load connected.

my bad for just throwing out sundowns name in that.

tested it with speakers still connected it worked perfectly!!! set it to 31.62 v so 1000w only thing is that took gain to about 3/4 so i hope im not clipping or maybe did something wrong! :( only o scope around here hasnt been turned on in ten years. lol i stopped at one audio store i asked if they had an oscilloscope i could pay to use hes like "look i been in the bus since '93 i aint never heard of one"....lol well im 19 and from the sounds of it your more ignorant than i am!

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/