Thanks. Yeah, more bracing and several layers of mat and fiberglass all the way around- threaded rod and stuff. Double layer on the baffle with a 3rd layer going on for aesthetics/amp rack. I have more pics of that, I just have to upload them and I don't have time just yet.

Much better! :)

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

And let there be pics:

Posted Image

Trying out the circle thing on a scrap piece of plywood

Posted Image

Works pretty good, and goes up to 50-some inch diameter cuts, all the way down to 8 or so (don't remember for sure, but I almost never work with 10s anyway).

Posted Image

Back of the box - first layer of the baffle glued and nailed down.

Posted Image

Screwed the 2nd layer in place so I could cut both holes at the same time and then clamp the layers togehter:

Posted Image

First hole, you can see the cutout diameter is 16.75, I went 1/16 of an inch over- I'm sure its ok :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's a pretty tight squeeze

Posted Image

3 of four

Posted Image

Finished and ready to attatch

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Posted Image

Top layer unscrewed to glue the first:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's ready to take the 2nd layer.

Okay, glued, screwed, nailed, and clamped to sit overnight:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Heres the next morning, the layers are ready to go, just some fine sanding to clean things up

Posted Image

Ready for some threaded rod:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Port painted black

Posted Image

I drilled a 1/2" hole in the top, and a 1" hole in the bottom so I can bolt it easily

Then I'm using a small block with a 1/2" hole to let me flush mount the head of the nut

Posted Image

Posted Image

If you use a 1" bit like you'd find in a door-knob installation kit it fits perfectly without taking too much wood (that's where I took mine from).

Posted Image

Then I put the socket on the end of the rod (with nut on) just to center things nicely (and very easily).

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Fiero, I'll but using carpet I think. I've never seen a large box covered nicely in carpet, so I think I'll make it match the interior pretty well.

More pics:

Posted Image

Almost ready to screw/glue/nail in place, just tightening the nut up on both sides to help use that as a 'vice' to just keep it held firmly (but not so tight as to bend the box outward).

Posted Image

A picture of the bottom of the box with the nut now countersunk.

Posted Image

You can see all that's left is a small hole.

Posted Image

Glued in place and put a few nails in, later I added a few screws but I forget to get pics

Posted Image

Just wanted to say that this socketset is amazing. At lowes for around $30, it allows you to fit your socket over the longest bolts, or sparkplugs. Very handy, and works great in situations like this or removing benches in cars.

Posted Image

Finished rod, ready to bit trimmed.

Posted Image

Thank you Rigid- great battery powered sawzall, makes quick work of it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

3 layers of fiberglass over the bottom, especially that little block and where the bolt meets up with it.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Finally, pics of all the equipment:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know, my office isn't finished- I'm still painting, changing outlets, and I need to refinish the floor.

Posted Image

Okay, they look crooked but I just have two holes cut, all the work I got done last night :(

Posted Image

Port in place and painted a very flat black.

Posted Image

Interior, rod and all painted very flat black so you can't really see in there. I like it like that.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

OKAY! up to date as of today.

Posted Image

All 4 holes cut, beveling the edges with a 3/4 round over bit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Almost finished rounding over

Posted Image

Okay, sitting in place nice, I left about 1/8 inch all around- just sat a gasket there to show how it fits.

Posted Image

Dry fit a sub just to make sure there were no problems- it fits perfect

Posted Image

Okay, that's pretty much it- I have to put the bolts in the back for the terminals and carpet it, then it's ready to go.

The top plate (3rd layer) isn't really for the box, it's for the amps. It cleans up the look of it, hides the bolt, and makes the subs look recessed, but it's going to be part of the amp rack, so it has a purpose. More pics to come as I go, but that's it so far.

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Thanks, yeah, I was about to get 3-4 260a alts and a bracket from iraggi, but some expenses on our house (fixer-upper) have delayed that a bit. Trust me, I'm sure I'll be happy to keep the gain down for the time being.

I have 3 batteries in, I'll have 6 when I'm done too. It WILL be up to par, but for the next month or so it will be very anemic. :(

tejcurrent

XS Power

T3

Archived