XS Power

Example of why CA and CCA are out dated

Ok every time you start looking for a battery you hear people starting tell you to check and make sure it has at least **** cranking amps (CA) or **** cold cranking amps (CCA). Well those ratings were important back in the day, but these days with AGM batteries they are just outdated. The CA and CCA tests were developed back in the early 1900s. Yes, thats right those tests are coming up on their 100year anniversary.

The CA and CCA test the batteries ability to put power out for 30 continuous seconds down to 7.2V. So it would be like going out to your car/truck and turning the key over to try to start your car/truck for 30 continuous seconds. If you did this you would burn your starter up.

Here is the D375 rated at 190 CA starting up a 12V diesel 15 times in a row. We had to stop at 15, because the starter was getting hot.

D375 Starts 12V Diesel

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

xs power rules teh world

24v1fe8.png

wow now this just shows that smd isnt just any forum. We are a brother hood.

here let me put it in retard-onix for u aareehhhh duuuurrrrr ehhh got it now?

Sweet baby jesus the amount of quoting the quote above the quote in a quote is epic

so my buddy with the ford with international diesel doesn't even need his 2 interstate batteries?

hmm, he dont run a big stereo so hmm, oh and my other buddy has a f550 4door flat bed and he runs 2 interstates too, so could one of the 975's take the place of these 2?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

so my buddy with the ford with international diesel doesn't even need his 2 interstate batteries?

hmm, he dont run a big stereo so hmm, oh and my other buddy has a f550 4door flat bed and he runs 2 interstates too, so could one of the 975's take the place of these 2?

They could start the trucks with the D375, but the 375 would not be a good option for a daily driver battery. Those trucks pull big amperage just stock. In that video the Dodge was pulling over 800amps of power on start up. That is without a aftermarket audio system. So, the 375 could start it, but you would want a battery with more reserve to use as a daily driver battery. The video was just to show the starting power of the D375, which is the smallest battery we have.

That is why most diesels run two batteries. Diesels can be hard to start at some times, so if a battery has more capacity it can better handle the demands. In warm climates like Florida they can probably get by with one battery just fine. Not sure on the 550. It probably pulls a lot of power and may need a couple batteries.

The D6500 is a great option for the Diesels.

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg

xs power FTW

ZING!!!

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!