Sonic Electronix

First car system, few questions

Mids and highs aren't my bag, I'll leave that to others, especially since your midrange drivers are so small (and I though I was bad with my 5 1/4s lol).

As for as your substage goes, if you want Rockford power, I'd get the T1000-1BDCP, and a 15 or 18 inch Fi Q/BL. Q if you are more on the SQ side, BL if you want louder.

Either way invest in your electrical system and sound deadning with the rest of the money. Second Skin's Damplifier Pro will give the best performance per dollar if my research proves correct. Being that you have a trunk car and especially since its older, you will have rattles if you don't. Be sure you can provide that amplifier with the power it wants. I don't think its especially power hungry, but getting an awesome amplifier and having it choke on too little power is a waste of money.

But don't let the post count fool you, I'm still the forum noob.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Mids and highs aren't my bag, I'll leave that to others, especially since your midrange drivers are so small (and I though I was bad with my 5 1/4s lol).

As for as your substage goes, if you want Rockford power, I'd get the T1000-1BDCP, and a 15 or 18 inch Fi Q/BL. Q if you are more on the SQ side, BL if you want louder.

Either way invest in your electrical system and sound deadning with the rest of the money. Second Skin's Damplifier Pro will give the best performance per dollar if my research proves correct. Being that you have a trunk car and especially since its older, you will have rattles if you don't. Be sure you can provide that amplifier with the power it wants. I don't think its especially power hungry, but getting an awesome amplifier and having it choke on too little power is a waste of money.

But don't let the post count fool you, I'm still the forum noob.

Appreciate the help, and i've heard alot about the Fi subs but I have no clue where I can find them online. I only found one listing on ebay and that's my primary source for buying stuff online.

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Profit from everything. LOVE ideas like this. xD

Appreciate the help, and i've heard alot about the Fi subs but I have no clue where I can find them online. I only found one listing on ebay and that's my primary source for buying stuff online.

You buy directly from Fi.

ficaraudio.com

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

dont do a cap its a waist of money it does nothing for your amp

first of all it is spelled waste and second capacitors are helpful, just not in the way most people use them. they are used to keep voltage up when fast pulses drag your down. basically it makes up in speed for the slow battery.

however i do agree that these little 1.X Farad caps out there are useless for anything more than a hundred watts.

I agree with BJD3 as well on the CP series amps.

as for highs hertz makes some amazing components but can be a bit pricey. i think they have a 6x9 component system as well but dont quote me on that. the 3.5" speakers are gonna be a bitch. if you can fit more than that up front then do it. but if you cant no big deal.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Hey guys thanks for the help on all of this. And i'm really looking into this Fi sub. It seems REALLY cheap to be able to get the 18 inch. All of the subs in the Q series are rated at 1000 RMS, anyone know the peak for the 18 fully loaded? And Is this sub something I could bang everyday for long periods of time? It just seems so cheap for an 18 compared to the RE Audio or a DB. And is there a BIG difference in the SQ between the Q series and the BTL series?

Also just checked into the BTL series, and am I gonna sacrifice quality if I get the BTL over the Q? Because the BTL puts out 2k watts at dual 1 ohm, and theres an option that says Daily or SPL. I recon Daily would be something you could listen to as the name implies, Daily, and the other one for just pure bass?

Warning, you are taking advice from a noob with 0 install experience at this point, any advice I give is strictly based on information gathered via the intrawebz and lots of forum surfing over a period of 2 months

If you are considering buying a DC Level 5, do it. Don't think about it, just do it. It'll work.

go to lowes get bricks wait in yard. throw said brick at vehicle. If thats me and that just happened to me Im going looking for him after that.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Fi is great quality woofers. they are cheap because thats just how Nick rolls.

the Q is the best sounding of Fi's woofers and can handle around 1500 daily with all options.

as for the BTL is sacrifices a bit of SQ but honestly it is hard to tell a difference and you would be satisfied with either. they are all very musical subs. However, get the sub that can handle the amount of power you can afford. BTL's need 2k rms which will obviously be more expensive.

the SPL option is only for burps. the coil gap is tighter than the standard BTL which means an increase of BL strength which leads to higher SPL. in other words, do not get the SPL option is you want to play music, ever.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Fi is great quality woofers. they are cheap because thats just how Nick rolls.

the Q is the best sounding of Fi's woofers and can handle around 1500 daily with all options.

as for the BTL is sacrifices a bit of SQ but honestly it is hard to tell a difference and you would be satisfied with either. they are all very musical subs. However, get the sub that can handle the amount of power you can afford. BTL's need 2k rms which will obviously be more expensive.

the SPL option is only for burps. the coil gap is tighter than the standard BTL which means an increase of BL strength which leads to higher SPL. in other words, do not get the SPL option is you want to play music, ever.

Well alright then, I guess i'm set as far as the sub is concerned(The . Now I need some advice on my amp. Like I stated earlier I was looking at the T1500-1BD Rockford amp, which can, at max, at 1 ohm generate 3k watts. Is this ideal for this woofer? OR should I try to find something more suited? If so, suggestions?

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Hey guys thanks for the help on all of this. And i'm really looking into this Fi sub. It seems REALLY cheap to be able to get the 18 inch. All of the subs in the Q series are rated at 1000 RMS, anyone know the peak for the 18 fully loaded? And Is this sub something I could bang everyday for long periods of time? It just seems so cheap for an 18 compared to the RE Audio or a DB. And is there a BIG difference in the SQ between the Q series and the BTL series?

Also just checked into the BTL series, and am I gonna sacrifice quality if I get the BTL over the Q? Because the BTL puts out 2k watts at dual 1 ohm, and theres an option that says Daily or SPL. I recon Daily would be something you could listen to as the name implies, Daily, and the other one for just pure bass?

Fi doesn't state peak numbers because peak numbers are total bullshit. They are useless.

Subwoofers don't "put out" power.

If you get the 18, make sure you have enough space for the box. Get measurements of your trunk and get box plans. You may be better off getting a 15 or even a 12. It depends upon whether or not you can get the needed airspace. If you can't it won't get loud, and it will sound like crap.

If you set your gains up correctly (make damn sure you do) you should be able to play full tilt all day and not have a problem. But again, this is install dependent. Make sure your gains are properly set. Need me to repeat it again?

You aren't running enough power for the BTL. If you wanted to you could enough, but you'll need a fairly stout electrical to handle 2000+ watts.

If you do go the BTL route, you'll sacrifice some SQ, but many people have BTLs and aren't complaining about what they have. I have no personal experience with it though.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Well alright then, I guess i'm set as far as the sub is concerned(The . Now I need some advice on my amp. Like I stated earlier I was looking at the T1500-1BD Rockford amp, which can, at max, at 1 ohm generate 3k watts. Is this ideal for this woofer? OR should I try to find something more suited? If so, suggestions?

a T1500-1BD will only put out 1500 watts. Peak numbers are useless.

And while a Q can take 1500 watts daily, I wouldn't suggest going 50% over RMS to a guy on his first system.

The sub is rated for 1000 WRMS, give it 1000WRMS.

And get the BDCP. Its a better amp.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

a T1500-1BD will only put out 1500 watts. Peak numbers are useless.

And while a Q can take 1500 watts daily, I wouldn't suggest going 50% over RMS to a guy on his first system.

The sub is rated for 1000 WRMS, give it 1000WRMS.

And get the BDCP. Its a better amp.

Yeah I jumped the gun and got excited over the price. No way an 18 in an enclosure will fit in my trunk. Anyone know if the 15 BTL, in an enclosure will fit in a 17in deep trunk? OR with this space would I better with the Q series?

Lol I keep editing it so that noone gets to see my dumber questions, but here's this one.

If I got 2 FI Q 15's, could I use a a T2500-1bdCP, and give each woofer 1250 safely?

Last EDIT of this post. Just for reference I measured my trunk and it's LxWxH is roughly 43x40x17 , measured in inches. The width I took was at it's narrowest, for it's widest point is about 58 inches.

1. Goto lowes

2. Get some bricks

3. ???

4. PROFIT!!

Archived