Second Skin Audio

Port Size?

posted before about boxes for 4 fully loaded 15" btl's, now asking about the port

maybe i'm used to the big big box i've been using, but for 4 cubes of air (without port size) the dimensions are 21"W x 17.5"H x 25.5"L or 1.75' x 1.46' x 2.25' (4.04 cubes to be exact after wood and sub displacement). and that seems small. very small to me (old box was 10 cubes of air). front has to be 21" x 17.5 in order to fit all 4 subs. i WAS going to wall it off, but given these dimensions, i might not have to.

the space i have to work with is 42"W x 49"L x 35"H

what size port should i make with the dimensions i gave for the box? i'd still like to do the interchangeable port for comps if possible. if not then one single port would be ok seeing as how i'd rather have a good daily driver. or if you have better dimensions for 4 boxes that would fit in that given space, feel free to post . like i said, i'm asking a lot of questions because i'd like the best build for the system. thanks again

well given your specs I came up with a port 4h x 4w x 6.6 deep for a freq. of 33 hz...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

hey thanks man i appreciate it. any special placement? thinking maybe have one in each corner so that all 4 are in the same spot when installed, or maybe have 2 on top left, 2 on top right? that's if it'd all sound the same

placement is up to you, I did calculation for a single port though...Also I would double check on what you need for enclosure space, 4 cubes is aweful small IMO

Edited by roscoe1129

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

their site recommends 3-5 cubes. i asked steve and he recommended 4. it might be slightly more than 4 cubes per box cuz i want to extend the front with a lil glass to add some character. so it'll be a tad bigger

Edited by ExpoSport

O.K. so I missed the first post or whatever, 4 per sub? let me recalculate this.

if you do one port 4 all 4 subs go with 9.08 h x 9.08 w and 5.26 l foe freq of 33 hz

Edited by roscoe1129

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

not nescessarily...when you change one mesurement it effects the others as well. what is your space u can work with where you want the port?

Edited by roscoe1129

Scientia est Vox

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg