Sonic Electronix

Amp in Protec. mode; Keys won't come out of ignition

Okay so a friend of mine's Audiobahn amplifier went into protective mode. Someone told him to touch his remote wire to his power wire while his car was running for some reason(he said it would "reboot" it). I dunno. Well he took the remote wire out of his amp and touched it to the positive wire; And then neither of the amps would even turn on(the audiobahn or his speaker amp[the speaker amp remote was connected to the remote of the audiobahn]), and he couldn't take his keys out of his ignition without touching remote to power. What the heck happened? He told me what happened and after thinking about it for a while, I figured that they meant to take the remote wire from the ignition while the other end was still in the amp. A few hours ago, we took a different wire and put one end on the remote and the other on positive, then both his subwoofer amp(the audiobahn that was in protective mode) and his speaker amp turned on, but his keys still won't come out of the ignition without touching remote to power.

What can he do?

Team Flex Issues

'96 Mazda B4000

HeadUnit:Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Mids:4 Pioneer 6x8s

Tweets:4 Pioneer Tweeters, 2 Polk Audio Tweeters

Subs:3 15" American Bass HD 15s; Wall in progress.

Amplifier:Hifonics BXi 1608(temporary)

Stock Alt

Stock Battery

1/0 Power, Ground, Big 3.

Okay so a friend of mine's Audiobahn amplifier went into protective mode. Someone told him to touch his remote wire to his power wire while his car was running for some reason(he said it would "reboot" it). I dunno. Well he took the remote wire out of his amp and touched it to the positive wire; And then neither of the amps would even turn on(the audiobahn or his speaker amp[the speaker amp remote was connected to the remote of the audiobahn]), and he couldn't take his keys out of his ignition without touching remote to power. What the heck happened? He told me what happened and after thinking about it for a while, I figured that they meant to take the remote wire from the ignition while the other end was still in the amp. A few hours ago, we took a different wire and put one end on the remote and the other on positive, then both his subwoofer amp(the audiobahn that was in protective mode) and his speaker amp turned on, but his keys still won't come out of the ignition without touching remote to power.

What can he do?

what kind of vehicle? Is it aftermarket radio or factory? If factory, sounds like remote wire is connected to an ignition circuit. Factory fuse blown somewhere. When he hooked the remote wire to 12 volts it sents power back to whatever circuit they tapped into( prob ignition) allowing ignition cylinder to unlock. Saw this on an expedition once. Check all fuses.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.

what kind of vehicle? Is it aftermarket radio or factory? If factory, sounds like remote wire is connected to an ignition circuit. Factory fuse blown somewhere. When he hooked the remote wire to 12 volts it sents power back to whatever circuit they tapped into( prob ignition) allowing ignition cylinder to unlock. Saw this on an expedition once. Check all fuses.

It is a 2007 Chevy cobalt. It's an aftermarket, Alpine CDA-117

Thanks for the help, I'll have him check the fuses

Team Flex Issues

'96 Mazda B4000

Stock Alt

Stock Battery

Hey thanks man, turn out it was just a blown ignition fuse. Thanks for the help

Team Flex Issues

'96 Mazda B4000

Stock Alt

Stock Battery

Archived