Second Skin Audio

Fosgate 10 Inch Single 4 Ohm Subs....

A buddy of mine let me borrow his 2 ten inch RF p1 subwoofers, and I hooked them up to an p2502 amplifier (not sure if that is the exact model number, but when a friend of mine got the same subs, it came with a combo with the subs). And it sounded like one of them was blown... The box looks kind of small but I didnt think that was the problem because the other was sounding good.... I hooked up a DMM to it, and the "good" sub was reading betweent 3.5-4.0 ohms, and the "bad" sub was reading between 3.0-4.0 ohms... I was wondering if the sub is bad? There is no "rubbing" sound when the sub is being pushed down or coming up, and there is no smell... Here is a picture of what the box looks like...

Image139.jpg

Image140.jpg

Image141.jpg

Shut up about the blankets, they are from when I was a little cameron, but they are warm... Anyways what about the box?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

ok so how does a blown woofer sound?? My subs when they blew didnt make any noise when I tried to play them and did not meter out at all no ohm load.....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

makes a noise that you will not forget... It sounds like a coil is bad, or maybe it is bottoming out. The other sub doesnt sound like that though.... but it tested out... I think that it might just be the little tear in one of the surrounds.... I am thinking of sealing it off, but I gotta wait for the guy that owns them to let me...

Edited by Cdizzle

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Well I would say it is defective but not blown...wouldnt use it personally, just replace it.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

try playing it free air and see how it sounds,

I was thinking about doing that. Thanks for the input. The subs only cost like 50 bucks apiece, but he said that he would give me a great deal on the subs and the box... but I dont wanna pay for a sub that is defective...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif