Sonic Electronix

Component and amp questions NEED HELP!!!

So I have thisamp and thesecomponents that I'm going to add to my new setup.

The problem is ,is that I would also like to use my old components since they still sound good, and work fine I might as well. That amp is rated at 40x4, and both components can take 70x4....so should I just run the front speakers (MB Quarts) at 100x2 and be careful with the gain, and the rear speakers off the HU?

CLIFFS:

-How will the MB quarts sound off that amp?

-Will I blow them if I over power them by ~30 watts?

-Should I just run it at 40 watts, under powering them by ~30 watts or will I be disappointed?

F/s: 2 custom made boxes, for 1 12" and 2 12" hit me up I'll let em go cheap

youll be fine running then 30 extra watts. Im running about 60 extra each to my kappas and they take it like its nothing.. And yes you can hook them up that way if you want, but honestly i think you'll notice a difference in the end. Just hook your new speakers up to the amp and leave the stock ones wired how they were.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

they will be fine either way. as long as you are not clipping, 100w wont hurt them.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Ok, just making sure that I wouldn't be hurting any thing. So now with the other components (aftermarket, I think you guys thought they were stock), should I take them out all together, or put them in the back for passengers to listen to?

I feel as if the rear passengers won't be able to hear the music good with out rear speakers, so I was thinking about running them off HU power.....heres my questions about that (sry for all the questions)

-I've heard that Alpine head units clip after like volume 25, and the way to get past this is by putting in an aftermarket amp (which I have). So lets say I do run the Kenwoods off the HU, and MB Quarts off the amp....would the rear ones (kenwood) start to sound shitty after volume 25, while the MB's sound great still since there off an external amp?

-Since the HU has 25x4 power ratings, could I run it at 50x2 since I only need to channels by bridging 2 channels together?

dont bridge a HU.

when people talk about clipping they are usually talking about the RCA's. so no, the amp will still clip around volume 25. its not a big deal. you just tune with the volume at 25 or 24.

go ahead and move the old set to the back. might as well use them.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

So i should use the old set off the HU, unbridged?

And even with the gains way up, it still isn't loud at 25, just at 30, which still sounds like theres no distortion....is that bad?

And could I run an active setup for the front components? Is this hard to do? Benefits? Is it louder or better SQ?

Edited by boomin

why not run the mb quarts off the front channels and the kenwoods off the rear channels?

unless u are trying to run active or something ied run a 4ch amp as a 4ch amp, i got a comp set and a set of coax ran off a 2ch amp and it sounds great too, 4ohm comp set and 4ohm coax = 2ohm stereo load but each amp is different on how it reproduces its sound, the best amp that i got that works good with midbass and all is my memphis pr150.2, my hifonics was good and clean till it took a shit after me just playing it, and my sony 4ch just doesn't do justice to what my memphis amp does, its always had a fuller midrange sound than my previous amps in the past and still gets loud and clean

but if i was u i would run the mbquarts in the front and the kenwoods in the back and wire the quarts to the front channels and the kenwoods to the rear channels and adjust the sound to kinda blend it, u want the better speakers were u will be at mostly so u can hear it

if this is a car what i would do and am prolly going to do when i rebuild my geo is put 1 of my comp sets in the back deck and mount the tweets in the center break light houseing, its worked befor with cheap tweets and coax's so it should do fine this go around but its just an idea

good luck with getting everything set up and what knot

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

So i should use the old set off the HU, unbridged?

And even with the gains way up, it still isn't loud at 25, just at 30, which still sounds like theres no distortion....is that bad?

And could I run an active setup for the front components? Is this hard to do? Benefits? Is it louder or better SQ?

active can yeld a better sq cause u can change the cross over points that the speakers use vs what the factory sets them do and make them take more power and what knot but to run active u will need some sort of active network to let u run 2 channels high pass for tweets and the other 2 channels band pass for mids, an imprint will do this i think, or u can get a 3way inline cross over network to adjust it for u, but its time consuming to adjust tho, my pioneer has it built in so when ever i get a good 4ch amp im going active, im gunna rewire my coax to run the tweets with the comp sets tweets and mids with comp sets mids and what knot

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

ahhh screw going active then that looks too complicated...

and I would run a 4ch as a 4ch, but I would be underpowering all my speakers by 30 watts each, which is 120 total and thats a pretty big difference.....