Second Skin Audio

hifonics HFI12d4 vs Kicker 10C124

11 members have voted

1. 1. which would be better hifonics or the kickers?

• hifonics
    • kicker

they dont have any kind of warrenty tho, id rather pay a little more just for that. going to start buying stuff by end of next week

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

6 soon to be 12 12" hifonics hfi12d4's

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

I'm considering the HFI12d4 for a wall build in a K5 blazer, not sure how many yet. I would really like to hear more opinions on using these.I read someone saying the HFI hit the highs decent but lows not so much??After i read that i kinda wondered.

Say i use 8 of the HFIs, i feel using say 4 15s of just a tad better quality would be better??I currently have an older 15" Powerbass 2XL-15d, and i saw an auction for $115 ea, would that be a better option buy 3 more and start a wall?

im pretty sure 8 12's has more cone area then 4 15's. i had 4 15's and it was awesome. but it wasnt holy shit. if 12 12's isnt holy shit ill get 16 and another amp. but then i would have to lose my back seat and im tryin to keep that.

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

im pretty sure 8 12's has more cone area then 4 15's. i had 4 15's and it was awesome. but it wasnt holy shit. if 12 12's isnt holy shit ill get 16 and another amp. but then i would have to lose my back seat and im tryin to keep that.

I'm just now getting into car audio, but i was just thinking that the quality was coming into play, am i wrong? Or is cone area that important?

of course quality comes into play. it all depends what you want from your stereo. ive had a bunch of different setups, and i prefer lots of cone area and im not handed things so im getting alot of cheap decent subs. everything is about preference

1992 cavalier build

1992 blazer s10

kenwood cd

hifonics hfi2500d

shit ton-o-wire

Blurred Vision Audio

Team SMD

feedback/refs. clicky!-

Archived