Sonic Electronix

155db+, under 10k RMS Rebuild (Swagger Wagon 2.0)

Swagger Wagon 2.0 options  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What would you pick for the best Loud and Low

• 4 18" DC LvL 4 XL's on 2 Crescendo 3kWP or 3-4k amp
    • 2 18" Fi BTLs Fully Loaded on 2 Crescendo 3kWP ( or the new Neo Fi's if they are in production by then)
    • 3 21" IA DP on 3 Crescendo 3kWP or 3 AQ 2200, or 3 2-2.5k amp
    • 6 15" Fi BL's on 3 Crescendo 3kWP or 3 AQ 2200, or 3 2-2.5k amp

In the proper bow I would go with the 3 21s or the 6 15s, my friend has 6 incriminator 187 12s on only 1 ap 3000D and he hit 155.4 legal on music, the 21s love the lows

See that's the reason Id like to get the 21s so i can hit the lows hard, and also my subs are gonna be bigger then most rims. :santa:

But I would love to get the 18s realistically all three of the bigger systems, are gonna have roughly the same cost give or take 1K between them. So price isn't a factor, I am mainly looking to get that ooooh ahhh factor, and when i press PLAY it drops hard. I have been deciding between the 4 18s and the 6 15s, but recently the 3 21s have shown up in my mind, but the only thing is, they are only rated at 1500RMS.

who has experience with the 21" IA DP's???

I already know how the DCs and FIs are underrated just wanna hear about the IAs

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Can I ask why people are either A so much on DCs band wagon, or B think that the 4 18s will be the best set-up??? I have heard 2 DC 18" XLs, but not 4, do you guys think that these will out perform the other, I mean that have the second highest cone area behind the 5 15"s, not to mention they would only need two amps

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Id like to know some of the options that I should consider getting if i went the route of getting the Fi BL 15"s. Right now I have the Cooling, hyper pole (which comes with cooling), flatwind coil, and universal. Can anyone help me out what the universal setting means does that have to do with the voice coil impedance???

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

i had 3 18" level 5s in a wall doing 55s at 35hz with almost no port area what so ever, i have 2 18 level 5s now with almost the perfect amount of port area and it actually is alot louder than what it was, cone area doesnt always make it louder... alot more factors come into play..

DC makes quality products, I should know, ive been running them for almost 4 years, WAY before the bandwagon was even around :)

FI makes great products as well, nick from FI is always in the chatroom and he is a very, very intelligent man!

I cant say anything about IA, ive never heard them in person or know any one running them..

Honestly, if you want insane shit, get 4 crescendos on 4 level 5s and call it a day bro... seriously especially each of them at .5 giving them around 4k~ a piece, they will get nasty

or 2 stetsom 7ks on 4 level 5s... i know my 5s LOVE my 7k

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i had 3 18" level 5s in a wall doing 55s at 35hz with almost no port area what so ever, i have 2 18 level 5s now with almost the perfect amount of port area and it actually is alot louder than what it was, cone area doesnt always make it louder... alot more factors come into play..

DC makes quality products, I should know, ive been running them for almost 4 years, WAY before the bandwagon was even around :)

FI makes great products as well, nick from FI is always in the chatroom and he is a very, very intelligent man!

I cant say anything about IA, ive never heard them in person or know any one running them..

Honestly, if you want insane shit, get 4 crescendos on 4 level 5s and call it a day bro... seriously especially each of them at .5 giving them around 4k~ a piece, they will get nasty

or 2 stetsom 7ks on 4 level 5s... i know my 5s LOVE my 7k

Id love to run two stetsoms, but I am trying to keep this as little watts as possible, if i go thru DC power for an alt i would be getting there 350A alt that tests at 400A+, and i don't want a really insane battery bank maybe 3-4 batteries. So i need to keep this under 10k rms with my mids/high amps as well. So i was thinking two crescendos 3k, and 2 4 channels that can do like 200rms at 2ohm at 4 channels, cause with my vehicle configuration its gonna be a bitch to get the one alt in , and if i can find a location to put a second alt on a new bracket adn new pulley system, then i might do a 220A one, but the big 400A one is first priority now

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

• 2 weeks later...

Okay big question....

Iraggi?

DC Power?

Mechman?

I have heard my truth and tell from all three let me get you guys opinion on there alternators...

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

Hey derrick you remember that silver jeep at slamology in the clamshell, he was running IA. For alts i vote DC power because i have read good things bout them, and mentioned the most when coming to alts.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Hey derrick you remember that silver jeep at slamology in the clamshell, he was running IA. For alts i vote DC power because i have read good things bout them, and mentioned the most when coming to alts.

See I was thinking DC subs and DC alt, but I have heard bad and good things about all those three companies...So im not sure who I wanna go with. I mean Iraggi adn Mechman are defintely cheaper then DC, but more people seem happy with DC

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos

personally i think you should just got with 6 18s :D more cone area than 6 15s. Or do 12 15 fi ssds lol. Thats alot of cone area if you think bout it. But im in for the 6 18s if that was a choice.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

Archived