Sonic Electronix

Ijust got a new kicker 650.4 in the mail today installed it and huge whine when car is off and when running. I have it hooked up to a set of image dynamic components running passive off of their crossover and i have a terrible high pitched whine even if rcas are unplugged from both headunit (which is a pioneer 880 prs with the pico fuse issue already solved) and amp but whine still persists. im going to take off the door panels and check all my wiring. also rcas are ran down the center of the car and power wire is run underneath the car. im thinking its the crossovers picking up some induced noise but im not 100% sure just need some ideas. Also whine is only from tweeters. Thanks

we get lots of whining around here. usually has to do with a delay in shipping or someone isnt as loud as they want to be or how they cant afford nice things so they are making the best of what they have

oh wait you mean electrical whine

Start with your grounds. double check them all even your body vehicle grounds.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

did you have a different amp in before this?

did you install speakers and this new amp at the same time?

my guesses: speaker wire is grounding out.

bad amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

The number 1 cause if engine whine is bad ground somewhere.... the number 2 is a short.......... I'll give you a perfect example of this... a guy came into my buddies shop last week, with a draining battery, every 7 hours hours or so his car would be dead, he had taken to like 7 shops, to no avail.

I asked him about his HU install, and he swore it was all correct, but while we were searching for this elusive drain, i pulled the radio control fuses from the box under the hood.. and what do you know it stopped, so I quickly pulled the HU, when I did I found that his adaptor for his car, came with RCA's for the factory amp, which he cut off, and wired them directly to his speaker terms on the new HU.. then I see he has the Remote leads hooked to +12v rather than the remote......, so it was drawing power 24 hours a day......

I have wrestled many many cases of engine whine over the years, and 95% are grounds that aren't secured, or not getting good contact somehow......and in some odd cases just too damn long..... GEO trackers are famous for that... if your ground from your amp is more than about 16 inches long it'll whine....

Hope that helps.....

I would check where the crossovers are put sometimes if there to close to fuses this can happen(if so you could try rapping the cross overs in tin foil). I would also try grounding the head unit to the chassis. If none of that does it get another set of rca's and run a new line to the back over all your interior because it could be an rca wire or wires. The wires could also be to close to the power wire or some other wires so running a new one would count those possibilities out.

took crossovers out, speakers are running active mids are great tweeters i can only run on the one channel of the amp or else i get the whine from the right rear channel. O well its working now just wish i could use both channels for the tweets instead of just one.

Archived