just recently i picked up an 88 nissan pick up with the z24 in it now when i got it from the previous owner he told me there was no fan on it (and there is not) he said the owner before him told him it made it do something better with out it... now the truck does not over heat while going down the road ( obviously for there is air going through the raidiator)but it does when it idles for long time... i have no problem with it doing this but i just wanna know wat are the benifits of pulling the fan off and what does it do... when i search on google or any other search engine asking the benifits of it i just get instructions on how to remove the fan

so why would some one pull the fan off what does it do and wat are the benifits of it?

My only guess is that it would allow for slightly faster revving and reduce a little crank shaft drag, that is if it is mechanical and not electric, but the lost effect of cooling seems to make it really pointless. I'd rather be able to idle that to be able to rev to the limiter .01 seconds faster, but i doubt that's why it was done. I don't actually know why it is that someone would do that, it's beyond me :shrug:

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I've seen people run KA24E motors without a timing chain guide... All sorts of dumb shit to make it run "better." Throw an electrical fan to reduce drag on that z24 :P

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

I've seen people run KA24E motors without a timing chain guide... All sorts of dumb shit to make it run "better." Throw an electrical fan to reduce drag on that z24 :P

But then you know you'll have those geniuses that will say that it "makes your alternator have to work harder and that will put more stress on the engine than the original fan did!" People do all sorts of things to their engines cuz it might make it run better, and most of the time it's like you got your finger cut off and you bandage it up and say it's better, but it doesn't stop the fact that you're still missing a finger. just because something works it doesn't make it right. /rant sorry about the mini-rant.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want