Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I found this on Youtube, and I find it very interesting, because it deals a lot with mixing different tones, like 60hz+30hz

1hz_3hz+7hz and just keeps going from there

One thing I wanted to do for a long time was get 2 boxes, tuned about 10 hz different, like 35+45 hz, and it should peak at 10hz- that is an example

This should be the simpliest and safest way to tune really low

But anyways, check the vid out, I really liked 2m30sec

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

Wow, I've had that same Idea for a box, I wanted to build a box that had separate chambers with one side tuned to 28 and the other tuned to 36 to see what it would be like, or maybe even something like one side sealed and the other ported... I might have to do some experimenting when I have some spare cash. also, about mixed bass frequencies, isn't that one of the reasons why coils wobble slightly and you can't use an SPL woofer for music?

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Posted

well, if you get the tuning right, 2 separate boxes, same subs, I believe same frequency played cancels out all but the difference between the 2 tuning points- There is a math behind it, all about the cycle rate, and combining waves to create common waves

I have been determined to find the brown note for years, I will do it one day lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.
Posted

well, if you get the tuning right, 2 separate boxes, same subs, I believe same frequency played cancels out all but the difference between the 2 tuning points- There is a math behind it, all about the cycle rate, and combining waves to create common waves

I have been determined to find the brown note for years, I will do it one day lol

I hope I'm not there the day you find the brown note, lol. Interesting stuff about the cancellation though, I really think I might have to try it with some subs laying around, I'm thinking interchangeable slot ports or aero ports would be the way to go for this experiment, I'm interested in your math behind this though.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6164 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...