Second Skin Audio

should have measured twice..now need help

I would just cut some metal and make it look neat.

I highly doubt someone would care about useless metal.

you wanna come and cut it for me? lol

i totally would but i dont trust myself cutting anything because once you cut it..theirs no going back haha.

and im already thinking about selling my car for some money to buy a chevy colorado. id get an extended cab and wall that bisch!!cool.gif

I would just cut some metal and make it look neat.

I highly doubt someone would care about useless metal.

The next car lot or person to own the car won't even notice a few inches of metal gone, I did a cavalier install that I cut all the rear seat support out of and welded in 2 small pieces after we crammed the box in the trunk, seat still sits fine and unless I told ya you'd never even know it was chopped.

The next car lot or person to own the car won't even notice a few inches of metal gone, I did a cavalier install that I cut all the rear seat support out of and welded in 2 small pieces after we crammed the box in the trunk, seat still sits fine and unless I told ya you'd never even know it was chopped.

thats true. i have all the carpet out and also the large piece of wood/fiberglass that covers my rear 6x9s (i have no idea what thats called.) if i ever cut the support i could always just put everything back together and no one will notice it just by glancing around but with my luck someone will lol

34hz is perfectly fine. itll play down to 30hz ok.

i almost had the same problem with a friends car. luckily we only had to take out the speakers in the rear deck and it slid in.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

34hz is perfectly fine. itll play down to 30hz ok.

i almost had the same problem with a friends car. luckily we only had to take out the speakers in the rear deck and it slid in.

really? since its not going to be tuned to 31 hz like i planed it to be how long would it be able to play songs that have a couple seconds that have like...lets say 30 hz? i dont want to take a risk and blow my sub and have to get a recone since im a broke college student lol

yea its a 15" BL.

how exactly does the tunning effect everything though?i also heard if you play your sub on a song with a frequency lower than the tunning of the box i heard it can potentially blow the sub...is that true?

Set subsonic filter 6hz or so below tuning freq and you won't have the unloading/free-airing problem.

Chop a few inches off the top of the box and you'll be fine..just remember, smaller the cuft, the less the sub moves on the same power.

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

damn was hoping you were in houston, lol i woulda helped you out there bro

one of my friends just graduated from UTI so hes over here now. i have a few TX ppl who know how to do shit but the ppl here in fort worth that i know actually come to me...sad to say but they dont know what they're talking about. i know more than them and they went to college lol