Second Skin Audio

Box for 15" Fi ssd

I think I'm putting the numbers in wrong.I cant get the tuning any lower than like 40 hz without having some ungodly numbers put in.I need help with port width and length.

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

Your port is going to be really long...so remember its gonna have to bend. So for the port id do...the height of your box minus 1.5"(the top and bottom baffle). And then the width would be whatever you need to get 60sq in.

<u>99 Jimmy SLT 4WD</u>

Systemless.

<u>99 Grand Prix GTP</u>

DC XL 12 on 1.5k tuned lowwwwww.

Your port is going to be really long...so remember its gonna have to bend. So for the port id do...the height of your box minus 1.5"(the top and bottom baffle). And then the width would be whatever you need to get 60sq in.

As per your advice im stayin as close to 3.5 cubes as I can. Current box specs are 16"(H) x 28"(W) x 18"(D) which is 3.67 cubes . Port specs are 14.5"(H) x 4"(W) which gives me 58" squared for port area. I dont have a length for the port because Im not sure where to put the bend.

Edited by 89capricebass

If your port is 4 inches wide it will bend 4 inches away from the back wall of the box. that way it stays 4 inches all the way through. So if your box is 18inches deep the first port piece would be 12.5 inches(The baffle will account for 3/4 of an inch).

Edited by 01 S-10

TDH FTW !!!

If your port is 4 inches wide it will bend 4 inches away from the back wall of the box. that way it stays 4 inches all the way through. So if your box is 18inches deep the first port piece would be 12.5 inches(The baffle will account for 3/4 of an inch).

ahh ok thats where i was getting stuck. but what about the second port piece. Torres' box calculator doesnt have a spot for a second port piece. Or maybe it does and Im just illiterate when it come to this program. I wanna tune it to 32hz

Edited by 89capricebass

ahh ok thats where i was getting stuck. but what about the second port piece. Torres' box calculator doesnt have a spot for a second port piece. Or maybe it does and Im just illiterate when it come to this program. I wanna tune it to 32hz

hey i have an 89 chevy caprice as well, do you use any sound damplier because i tried and i still cant ge the whole thing i still get annoying squeaks and also does your trunk have the whole for your spare tire; did you do anything to fix that problem??? o and sorry if im gettin off topic but i live ina shithole town where car audio is just means having 5 tweeters in your car lol

CAR

-2005 Ford Mustang (Legand Lime)

H/U

-Pioneer avh 3200dvd

Amps

2 AQ 3500d.1s strapped 1ohm daily .25burps

1Sundown Audio 100.4

1 Sundown Audio 125.2

Subs

4 AQ HDC'4s 12's

Mids and highs

4 Sundown Neo Pro 8s

2 AQ Super Tweeters

Electronical

Mechman 270 unit

1 D3400

2 D3100's

WALLED!

hey i have an 89 chevy caprice as well, do you use any sound damplier because i tried and i still cant ge the whole thing i still get annoying squeaks and also does your trunk have the whole for your spare tire; did you do anything to fix that problem??? o and sorry if im gettin off topic but i live ina shithole town where car audio is just means having 5 tweeters in your car lol

I pm'ed ya

ok I was using Gross volume instead of Net volume. Ive got new specs that semm to be what is needed

Box Dimensions: 17"(H) x 20"(D) x 32"(W)

Port Dimensions: 14 1/4"(H) x 4"(W) x 15 1/4"(1st port piece) x 16 3/4"(second port piece) 58" of port area

This gives me a total of 3.74 net cubes at 32.20 hz. Does This box look a little better?

Edited by 89capricebass