Second Skin Audio

Center Port Question

when i bend to the sides i have to keep the same port width? and measuring through the center still applies right? oh and i need a length of 22" if i have a depth of 14 and a length of 11.25 (not using baffle as port length) before the bend how much should i add to each side, minus the .75 of the mdf?

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

any help would be greatly appreciated, any input????

Yo despues que las asomo... papa tu sabes como es que somos esto es flores pa los muertos y pa' mis enemigos plomo la 9 nunca se turba cuando bajan por la curva no es que yo no salga es que ustedes no entran pa la urba de humacao - Cosculluela.

im not really understanding what you are trying to ask

TEAM DC

Everything is a 150 on th earometer

Well I guess punching a woman is a good way to test your strength! You never know how strong you are until you cold-cock a woman in the head and break that bitches jaw.

Next time she tries to punch you in the stomach, whip your wiener out and chase her around. Show her who's boss.

lets say i have an enclosure fitted for 2 12"s instead of doing the ports on either the left end or right end or dual ports i want to do it in the middle, my question is do i have to keep the same port width when i bend to each side? and the other questions i asked.

any help would be greatly appreciated, any input????

no. you do not keep the same port width. the center is the port for both sides of the enclosure. so the two ends that bend in will be half of the center. so say you have a center port thats 10" wide, the turning points will then be 5" each.just act as if there was an invisible wall dividing the center part of the port. yes, still measure in the center of the port to get your length. and your last question, without a drawing of what exactly your asking, dont want to mislead you by assuming what you need. just measure down the center of the port and stop the port at the length you want, in your case 22"

hope it helps

06 2500hd, 6.0L, 4l80e, 4wd, (muah work truck)

7" BDS HC lift kit

(5) 37x13.5R18 Toyo Open Country M/Ts

(5) 18x10 Moto Metal MO962

tablet in lieu of deck

blue tooth interconnect to soundstream eq (for volume control and bass control)

4 Alpine type r 10's

6 cubes net, 80sqin's port, tuned to 33hz

2 brutus brx5000.5's

2 pairs 3" polk audio for a pillars

4 pairs polk audio 6.5 comps

1 pair 8" polk audio for mids

2 xspower d3400 batteries

.....learning alot from meade and his circle of some of the baddest installers ive seen- thanks guys, for not being so cocky and posting the way it should be done!

P.S. Thanks Steve....for the demo!!!! loud as fauk!

so if the port width of the enclosure was 4" when i bend to each side it'll be 2" and if needed a port length of 22 and my first length was 11.25 i would bend to each side 5"+.75 of mdf?

i just used the question as an example lol still in the learning process.

its a concept i recently understood. since then ive built two boxes like this just for practice haha. they sounded great and moved some serious air. if you wanna get real crazy steve has an old build log of him doing a box for a pair of rf 12s or 15s and the port is insane. at one point he has a leaf blower in one side and there is no air movement on the other side. ill try to find a link. linky

Edited by baaudio

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

allright thx, man ill give the link a go in the morning as for now im off to bed thx to all the people who helped.