Second Skin Audio

Hatchback...

yeah, daily driver... backseats have to stay in, cuz he's the one driving to partys and stuff...

so maybe 2 seats are enough for both of us, but where should we place the girls? ;)

Honda Civic EJ2

Stock Audio System! And it does(n't) kick ass!

My hatch acts and a nice horn of sorts. I have mine sub up and port up as there was not enough room to fit them all facing back as I normaly would. Definatly works well as last time I had them facin up like this it was rubbish but the box is now much taller and basicly sits level with the base of the window. Only down side is it acts more like a compression horn and get alot and I mean alot of pressure on the window. if you look in my build log the rear hatch of my car is at like a 45deg angle so acts like a 45 would in a port realy.

Systems:

Fun Car:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9887

Front sounds: Alpine SPR-175A x2

Front power: RF T400.2 Benched at 265x2 rms @ 2ohm

Subs: RF T1 10 dual 4 Ohm x1

Sub power: RF R500.1

Box yet to be built.

All in a Mazda 323 Hatch in the cargo area only.

Daily hack:

Deck: Alpine CDA-9886

Front sounds: RF T152 5.25" coax x2

Front power: RF Power T400.2

Subs: Alpine SWR-1021d x4

Sub power: RF Power T20001

4.59cuft net 56" of port tuned to 32hz.

Work ute

Deck: Alpine iDA-X303

Speakers front: Stock

Speakers rear: None

Subs: Alpine type S SWS-1040

Amp: Alpine MRV-T320 x1 for woofer.

Box 1.42 cuft 39hz hidden under tray in blow thru design.

New ute to be much different.

my gmc jimmy is subs up port back sounds good to me

box7.jpg

you do know they are talking about hatchbacks right? generally meaning 2 door small honda type cars...not SUVs or trucks or shit like that, right?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

:orly3: they are still about the same concept just diff size vehicle and for the and the angles in witch the sound will be bouncing off of are not that much diff so chill dont get all flustered about it just giving some opinions and ideas so good job on stating the obvious :good:

96 GMC Jimmy

Kenwood KDC-348U

2 SoundStream T4-15's

BOSS Audio Onyx NXD4,500.1 (Subs)

Autotek SS 200.2 (Highs)

8 cube box tuned @ 31Hz

2 Memphis 6.5 2 ways in the front

2 Kicker 6.5 2 ways in the rear

My YouTube Link

My Budget Build Log

My New Build Log

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

no, not really, they are nowhere near the same...

your saying a honda is like a suburban.... its not the same... lol

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

no shit for brains its an open area for sound and air to travel and being a hatch they are more like angled boxes so in the mater of having sound travel if you get it to reverberate/echo off just the right angle it in turn will make it louder along with every thing else in the car/truck/suv being just so you should in turn get better results in your numbers long as its the right box size, frequency and location anything is possible so that would really not make any diff in any vehicle so i really think you need to calm down and not get your panties in a bunch and get off the rag thanks and have a great night :pardon:

Edited by xXRaMpOwNaGeXx

96 GMC Jimmy

Kenwood KDC-348U

2 SoundStream T4-15's

BOSS Audio Onyx NXD4,500.1 (Subs)

Autotek SS 200.2 (Highs)

8 cube box tuned @ 31Hz

2 Memphis 6.5 2 ways in the front

2 Kicker 6.5 2 ways in the rear

My YouTube Link

My Budget Build Log

My New Build Log

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

LOL dude your goofy, so your arguement then is every vehicle is the same... because they have subs in the vehicles...

unless you have had a hatchback.. or heard hatchbacks, or anything with them... why are you giving opinions in a hatchback thread?

I own one, and my original post was alot more informative than your little threadjack to show a pic of your ride....

i told him already, subs up port back will give you alot of rattle, but its louder on the mic, on almost ALL hatchbacks...

subs up port up you will have almost NO rattle and it sounds louder to the ear...

and if you do subs up port up, it acts as if its a horn... and it will sound ALOT better...

please.. get your info straight before trying to compare a hatchback to a SUV... its retarded to think they are anywhere near the same....

who doesnt like to be wrong? apparently you dont

Team DC Audio

Nowhere the same my friend, my explorer suck ass with subs up/port up while my suzuki swift kick ass that way!! :peepwall:

Well, i´ve tried EVERYTHING on the swift, best i found was:

- sub up/port up

- sub up/port back

- sub up/port to side

They all sounded pretty much the same to the ear, loudest was sub up/port back but the trunk rattles too much, port to the side it´s great if you have enough room to keep the port about 4 inches from the wall of the car, port up sounds very nice, actually best quality on this little car, but not as loud as the other 2 :yahoo:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

no shit for brains its an open area for sound and air to travel and being a hatch they are more like angled boxes so in the mater of having sound travel if you get it to reverberate/echo off just the right angle it in turn will make it louder along with every thing else in the car/truck/suv being just so you should in turn get better results in your numbers long as its the right box size, frequency and location anything is possible so that would really not make any diff in any vehicle so i really think you need to calm down and not get your panties in a bunch and get off the rag thanks and have a great night :pardon:

HAHAHAHAHA, dude, have you ever heard something like "facepalm"?? are you really saying that every car it´s the same???? ok, try doing subs front/port up in a hatchback and tell me if it sounds as loud as subs up/port back!! you don´t know what you are talking about!!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/