Going Active

PUNKYOU007

My advise to you is to just use the deck for some of the crossovers. Low will remain your subs, mids will cover both the 6.5s and the 4"...although the 4s will have to be re crossed at the amp most likely. and the highs will remain the tweeters. Thinking about it time alignment wont even be possible because you will be running more than 1 speaker per channel so you cant guarantee both speakers will have the same delay in time.

so...ermmm...scratch time delay from your agenda and start concentrating on where to cross your stuff. The one advantage you have here is that you wont have to worry about any power being loss after amplification like passive does. even at this point a 4 way active deck wont do too much other than xover better but time alignment is still scratched because of the amount of speakers you're running in each door.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

start saving up for that Pioneer DEXP99 or whatever the number is.

No way. I have wanted this Eclipse unit since the first time I saw it...now I have it. :)

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

Hey Kevin. Page 66 in the useres manual says that SP Layout can be configured as a 3-way or a 4-way speaker system.

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

no, it says 3 way or 4 speakers plus sub.

the 4 speaker plus sub option only controls 2 different things...one speaker and a sub per corner of the car....more for stock speakers.

3 way active is the real deal. plus i looked to double check and theres only 6 channels ouput, meaning 3 way.

Eclipse cd7000

What does changing the setting to 24db do? Thats called slope right? What is its purpose and why do I want to set it at 24db?

d(-__-)b

I usually dont do 24 but it does protect the speakers more. The general rule is never less than 12 and never more than 24...I am set up to 18 db octave slope right now.

A slope is the rate that frequencies are attenuated. a 0db octave slope means...well....there is a slope of 0 and nothing is actually being cut off.

a slope is twice or half of a given frequency.

one octave up of 100 hz is 200 hz. One octave down from 100 hz is 50 hz.

2 octaves up from 100 hz is 400 hz. and 2 octaves down from 100 hz is 25 hz.

So to put it together...say you set one of your HPF to 2,500hz at a 12db octave slope. What this means is...

5,000hz will be 12 db quieter than 2,500hz....and 10,000hz will be 24 db quieter than 2,500hz.

Eclipse cd7000

Archived