Going Active

PUNKYOU007

Ok. I recently purchased an Eclipse CD7200 MKii. I want to use it to run an active setup. The amp I have is a cadence ZRS C9, plan on picking up another one soon.

I dont really know where to begin. I understand how active setups work. I guess what I dont know is, is my choice of amp a good one? When I set up the crossovers should I just use the HU controls or do you use the HU and the amp in combination? Will the amp counteract the HU settings? Anything really would help me out. Is there a good tutorial somewhere?

Link to HU

Link to Amp

TeamDeadlyHertz-PUNKYOU007.png

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

you can use both crossovers. like i have a crossover to my midbass set at ~200hz LPF, then at the amp i have the HPF to 80hz. creates a bandpass.

i was a little lost when i went active as well. once you get everything together you will figure it out.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Use the amp settings...my alpine hu has something called defeat, and when you turn it on it disables the hu eq shit...

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Just use the xover on the head unit. Much more accurate.

Here's the best tutorial I have found without using a mic.

http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/diyma-tutorials/33740-simple-way-tune-courtesy-cmusic.html

EDIT: eclipse doesnt have that defeat shit....just use the HU bro ;)

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

If he is running active on the MKII he will already have bandpass capabilities on the head unit itself.

On the deck options under sound, go to "SP Layout" and press ok. Highlight 3 way and hold the center or ok button for like seven seconds and it will confirm that you changed the settings. Then you can control everything from the xover section in the sound menu. Hit me up if you need any help. I've run active on it before and im about to do it again once I have some more spare time.

double edit...I mean Ive run it on a very similar eclipse deck :D same shit though

Eclipse cd7000

thats right you did! you have the 7100 right. SO if i use the HU only....how do you bypass the amp?

d(-__-)b

beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.

thats right you did! you have the 7100 right. SO if i use the HU only....how do you bypass the amp?

You could just set the filters wide open I guess

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

You could just set the filters wide open I guess

Is this so?

d(-__-)b

yes this is correct. Set the amplifier to pass or flat...whichever it has. They need not be used.

The only filter needed on any amplifier will be sub sonic filter for the subs which is probably already set. Turn OFF the LPF on the amp while tuning (and after tuning lol, but dont turn it off yet if ur not gonna tune). I am assuming you are running 3 way for bass, mids and highs?

If so, try this for starters.

turn the head unit on and volume all the way down. Adjust the sp layout like i told you on my previous post.

Now go to the xover setting.

To switch between low, mids, and highs press select...To adjust where to cut the frequencies press left to right. For example...say you are on low and it says Low pass at 80hz...pressing left will bring the frequency cut down and right will bring it up...

Now to adjust at what slope press up and down...the slopes range from 0 (pass) to 24 db octave slope for each...

Try these settings first and work from there,

low (subs) crossed over at 80hz at 24db.

mids...low pass...2500hz at 24db.

mids....High pass...80hz at 18 or 24 db octave slope.

tweeters (highs)...2500 at 24 db....

Now you can set them like i said from 0-24db octave but the way i suggested is a safe way to at least check to see if everything is working correctly. I am not even sure if what I told you to set the filters at will cause phase or sound staging issues. BUT the link i posted up for tuning could be followed to fix that...Good luck bro, again if u need any help with the head unit or getting set up my number is in TDH...later.

EDIT: the lower the octave the more the blend but the less you will be able to crank it generally. The higher the more distinguishable the speaker locations will be but you will be able to push the speakers harder without breakup generally...I am not sq guru though somebody knows better than Im post up. BTW which mbq set do u own?

Eclipse cd7000

i have the eclipse 5030 and the soundstream 500.4 and i set the eq lowest as possible. and then used the amp to what sounded loud and almost like shit and then backed it down. then i set the EQ. i dont know if thats correct or helps. but thats what i did and it sounds good to me.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

Archived