Sonic Electronix

ok people i have 3 1000/2 ppi amplifiers running my mids and i was wondering if it is possible to use one of the amplifiers as the main controlling amplifier i saw something like that was done on trippis hummer my question is would there be impedence rise if i hook the amps this way????

Its calld master and slave option,but if your amps don't have it then no you can not hook them up like that

hey dude. since i have a kickass ppi amp i figured id add my 2 cents to it. There is a way to do it. BUT this is the bummer... you MUST have dedicated pre-outs from your headunit to do this.

So from what you are saying you have 3 ppi amps. This would mean that you would run a pair of rcs's for each amp. and then you can loop the positives and negs all together. its a pain in the ass. trust me. i did this with my existing ppi power-pc2350 (beautiful amp) but i was using the amp to power my solox. i figured that since i loved the quality of the amp that id buy another one online. well when i hooked them up by themselves it works fine, but when i did a daisy chain it was really distorted (and yes i did use a friends oscope for it)

All in all, id say just get one big ass amp. thats what im gonna do. im getting a audioque aq3500d.1. precision power amps are really great, espically if they are like mine and are the older ones. they really put out extreme power. but their downfall is the rcs outs. for example. my amp has a high/lowpass freq setting. so saying as my amp is so powerful, its being used to power my woofer (thus being set to lowpass) but with the amp being set to low pass it makes the built in rcs outputs highpass. so eitherway, you cannot daisy chain them like a rf, audioque, or other brand name amps.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

thanks for the advice guys but what im saying is that all three are playing midrange and yes they have the outputs used for maste slave seeing that i'm using all three for mids isnt there some way i could make this work???

ohh, i thought you had the older ppi amps. my bad. but anyways. you set the first amp (your dedicated amp you want to screw around with the settings) as the master. and set the other 2 as slave. this will allow that single amp to change the other 2 amps. its as easy as that. slave puts the system on bypass for the eq settings and things of that nature because without master/slave you would have the 2 amps fighting eachother if the settings were even a little off.

hope this helps you out

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

Archived