California MECA state finals

atsaubrey

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came out. Given the late location arrangement changes I think we did pretty well. The plan was to separate the SQ guys from the SPL so we could both have some space. We will work harder in future events to give everyone space and let us SPL guys flex a bit ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I too want to thank everyone that came out. All of the complaints are well taken and understandable. To clarify, MECA does not favor either category of competition over the other. Simply put, the shop was shut down late wednesday afternoon by the Labor Commission. I was informed of this on Thursday! I had no way to find an alternate location with that amount of time to meet our needs of a show that size.

For the record, the original show plans consisted of this:

All SQ indoors. SPL outdoors. Full use of the shop with air conditioning, restrooms, ect. With that, the SPL guys would have been able to give demos all day long with as much excitement as you could handle.

Unfortunately with the last minute setup we had to do, we had to almost eliminate all demos to ensure fair scoring on the SQ side. I would assume alot of the SPL guys don't understand the SQ side and the details and subtle nuances that judges are listening for in SQ judging. That becomes impossible with demos going on on the SPL side of things. I can COMPLETELY understand your complaints and I would hope you all can understand I had the same type of complaints from the SQ guys. All in all, I think we pulled off a good show with the situation we were ALL put in.

Thanks again to all of you! Congrats to the State Champions and to the guys that set a record or two!

See you in 2011 with a much bigger year with MECA in CA!

the one thing i see wrong with the mecca format is that in drive is it seems to be who can manipulate these big amps the best < 7k amps with 160 amp fuse >

Team SSBTeam SoundStreamTeam Tsunamiteam ohio generator

the one thing i see wrong with the mecca format is that in drive is it seems to be who can manipulate these big amps the best < 7k amps with 160 amp fuse >

get a 30,000 watt amp and put 160 amp fuse on it and tell me you get 30,000 watts befor the fuse pops wont happen and set a recored wont happen do some research and look at my reply in the mecca fuse question thread

i don't honestly think it was that great of a show so you didn't miss too much bro

it would of been a lot better if road house didnt get shut down and we lost the ac and bathrooms the show could of been better yes but was still really good we had over 50 cars there for spl and sq i've been to a bunch of la shows (even befor you were competeing treo) and i have done a shit ton of db drags up north i have yet to see 50 cars at one show out here or in la

so what was not so great about it???? yes the no demos sucked but thats what we were givin the last minute and had to make due

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

just saying no demos or bathrooms sucked maybe next time will be better

ya that did suck and we are really sorry about that but there was nothing we could do if our host would of not got shut down it would of been a differnt story demos all day and inside ac to get out of the heat but again we did what we had to cause the show must go on!!!! :)

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

ya that did suck and we are really sorry about that but there was nothing we could do if our host would of not got shut down it would of been a differnt story demos all day and inside ac to get out of the heat but again we did what we had to cause the show must go on!!!! :)

I would love to complain myself. The cards we were dealt at the last minute ended up being a bad hand. The alternative would be cancel the show at the last minute.....I can promise that would have went over even worse. ;-)

Archived