Sonic Electronix

Dumbest $hit you ever built.....?????

So I have to say this one takes the cake.... I built a box for the wife's type r's to exactly what she asked for " LOW LOW" bass..... so we now have a box with 1500 RMS running two type r's, that pounds at 18Hz........ anything above like 26Hz is almost inaudible... .......

So I guess, now I'm telling the wife to shut her face, and I'm building it my way....... She'll learn one of these days....Or I will.....

My question is this..... Is it gonna be better to go large sealed, Like 5 Cubes, or ported tuned to about 28Hz, be a better bet for her.... She just kept tellin me I want it to drop like your old system.... ( Keep in mind my old system, was two 18" LVS running off a JBL/Crown GT6000... squeezed into an a civic hatchback...)

No back seats, and the box was way too small.... 6 cubes inverted, and barely fit...... OUTSIDE, from a distance it was loud as hell, which is the only way she ever heard it turned up...........

But my ear knows that sound, so I wasn't thiking, and built a box that would get down that low......... STUPID......

So whats your blunder.....

How do you tune a sealed box?

the one that I screwed up isnt sealed, its just too big, and way to much port for such a large box..... 12" subs dont need that much port, nor that much space.........

I'm not thinking real clearly tonight, kinda pissed off about all the work that went into this box for it to sound like dogs ass......

Just re-read the other post.... srry typo...... I meant ported and tuned....... brain fart.......... Kinda PIssy too....

Nevermind

Some people could care less about who the genius is that is making the product... They just want to get it cheap and say "derrrr, look at teh pretty lights in muh dash!"

Because audio is a lifestyle not a hobby.

Things that I am allergic too....

1. Haters
  2. Bitch Notes

the one that I screwed up isnt sealed, its just too big, and way to much port for such a large box..... 12" subs dont need that much port, nor that much space.........

I'm not thinking real clearly tonight, kinda pissed off about all the work that went into this box for it to sound like dogs ass......

Just re-read the other post.... srry typo...... I meant ported and tuned....... brain fart.......... Kinda PIssy too....

Well chill bro, you wasted what 30$? And calm down with your wife... IF you want her around much longer.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Well chill bro, you wasted what 30$? And calm down with your wife... IF you want her around much longer.

Where are you getting MDF 1" sheets that cheap............???????

I pissed away about $200 not to mention the time......... a full day of cutting, routing, fiberglassing, and sweating my ass off in 105* weather......... But I get what your saying........ I'll just drop a pair of 15"'s in this big bitch, and sell it to some kid on craigs list, who is thrilled his new MTX 15's hit like that......LOL

She's kool about it, she knows II get crabby when things dont go the way they are supposed to ( I'm kinda like a kid that way)...... But it's all good...........

So who eles as dumbshit they have done?

Putting 12 inch subs in my doors, only to have the window leak inane rust the basket wihin a week and the magnets fell off. Lol

edit: and I put a stereo in a bin, only to have achick throwup in it at a party thinking it as areal bin, it has freakinmusic coming out of it...

1988 Honda City E

• Big 3 in 1/0
  • Venom 6x9
  • Venom 6.5 Components
  • Response 4x100 midz and highs amp
  • Fusion NV 2500.1: STOLEN
  • 2 x 12 inch fusion nv subs
  • 10 inch 5 doller subs in my doors

PM me if you want help with electrical

My first system i built was a box for a 10 and 12 both sony explods with a sony 600 watt 2 channel and cut the plug so hardwired the whole thing in a 88 cutlass most ghetto thing ever lol. I even had the sony 6x9s in the boxes on the trunk lid.

Archived