Admin Please lock. shorta ram intake

Facts are there. Do some research and you will see alot of people lose power with intakes untuned. Not all cars are the same though. Some make awesome power with just an intake. I have tuned n/a civics to turbo sit's/personal Evo to mustangs, which by the way lost alot of power with a bbk intake mani and throttle body untuned, all the way up to turbo diesel trucks. I have several hours using mustang dynos and dynojets learning how to tune and making real power with minimal mods.dont get me wrong, im always learning and will admit i dont know how intakes react with ALL makes and models but to say adding an intake on any car will get you more power is ignorant. I won't waste my time anymore with clowns that have prolly never even been on a dyno. Ima outa here...enjoy the intake op looks good

lol wow. thanks for complements though. :P any tips on tuning?

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

Girafe...drama queen? Lol, please tell me...what was the school that told you short RAM provides a loss of hp, also where the ecu needs time to "learn" how much fuel to adjust to match the air intake? Because a stock Honda will be running sooooo lean...oh wait. Don't most cars come stock with something that measures the amount of air...so that the car would automatically know how much fuel to inject...man...cars are hard.

You're talking out of your ass, and I could care less about some Evo you saw with 500 horses.

What's done to the Evo? Where was it dynod? Pics? And this hobby...does it require your lack of knowledge of basic car principles and features. Like...um...I don't know...a MAF sensor?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

lol wow. thanks for complements though. :P any tips on tuning?

Unfortunately, no. I don't know much about your car. If you were close to me I could log your a/f and mayb do a little tweaking. I don't know what aftermarket software/hardware would work for your car. There's ways to trick your ecu into running richer or leaner and cost about 1$ to do but I wouldn't recommend it. The 5-10hp you would get is not worth the shitty idle or horrible fuel economy

Girafe...drama queen? Lol, please tell me...what was the school that told you short RAM provides a loss of hp, also where the ecu needs time to "learn" how much fuel to adjust to match the air intake? Because a stock Honda will be running sooooo lean...oh wait. Don't most cars come stock with something that measures the amount of air...so that the car would automatically know how much fuel to inject...man...cars are hard.

You're talking out of your ass, and I could care less about some Evo you saw with 500 horses.

What's done to the Evo? Where was it dynod? Pics? And this hobby...does it require your lack of knowledge of basic car principles and features. Like...um...I don't know...a MAF sensor?

The school where I learned about that and actually ran cars on the dyno and noticed power drops with certain parts untuned was wyotech where I took high performance power-train and chassis fabrication. Another school that went more into detail why stuff like that happens that I attended was EFI University. I never said it would run soooo lean, I said it would prolly run richer then it already does from the factory causing a loss in power. The ECU does not know you added an intake but notices alot more air entering so it thinks theres a problem. So what does it do? adds more fuel and retards timing just to be safe. Over time it starts to learn and adjusts the a/f and timing properly. On some cars you can just unplug the battery to reset the ECU like mentioned above but that doesn't always work.

I think the phrase you were trying to use was "couldn't care less" not "could care less". And if you couldn't care less they why ask about it? I will tell you though just to rub it in your face a little :rofl:

The EVO I "saw" is sitting in my garage rite now. It was on the dyno over at AWD tuning which is a mustang dyno.Also at Jotech motorsports which uses a dynocomp. Iv upgraded to a forced performance hta3582r turbo, 1250cc injectors, running a custom double in-tank fuel pumps with a walbro 255 and ford gt fuel pump which flows an insane amout(over 400 lph if I remember correctly), hks cams and cam gears, ets upper and lower ICP kit,tial 50mm bov and 38mm WG, ams front mount, running on E85 pushing 30 psi daily driven.ALL ON STOCK BLOCK. Few other supporting mods. Just shows you what a properly tuned engine can do with a lot of fuel and boost. All mods done by me, injectors scaled by me, maf scaled by me all on stock ecu. Only thing I didnt do was the e85 tune as I have never tuned with that fuel. Also my tuner added a patch to my ecu allowing me to run alternate maps at the flip of a switch in case im not around an E85 station. I simply flip the switch and my fuel/timing/boost maps change to run on my 93 octane tune I did which is around 380-400 hp.

Now tell me, what cars have YOU added intakes to and ran on a dyno to prove a hp increase?

Here's a good read I just came across after I heard of aem's new intake system with ETI technology. Their new intake kits now come with Maf signal converters to trick the ecu into thinking nothing has been altered. So TeamHT, sit down stfu and read the 3 pages that pretty much say what I have been saying. Hey, you learn something new everyday! :)

http://www.motoiq.com/magazine_articles/articletype/articleview/articleid/1677/aem-eti-technology-enhances-cold-air-intake-performance.aspx

It all depends on the car. Newer cars have a lot more going on under the hood then older cars do, so depending on the ecu and all, you may or may not have an issue. Now, I have no first hand experience on anything newer so I can't say 100% sure, but I can see issues possibly arising, but nothing extreme. Older cars should have no problem with you throwing a WAI/CAI on it and after a few start ups if there was an issue it'd correct itself anyway. Again, I really believe it's how the engine manages itself, especially since they're getting more high-tech. But I don't think you'll lose/gain anything noticeable with no supporting mods, but it'll sound better.

girafe...you really lack comprehension. reading the article did not show anywhere where the "ecu has to learn how much air your intaking to match the level with fuel" or where the intake provided a loss. you went to a school yet still confuse engine check light with performance loss? ha ha ha ha.

your precious article even talks about the MAF. or did you not cover that in wyotech? lol. you took a class, which is nice and all, but you paid to find out what a lot of people already knew. lets see, short ram although pulling hotter less dense air from the engine bay STILL provides an increase than the stock airbox under the hood with better designed pipes made for proper airflow. not to mention a much quicker throttle response. but of course, according to you, the ECU needs...time to learn and adjust how much air is being intaked?!?!?!?1 ha ha ha

tripping the check engine light does not mean loss of performance. and almost all cars after the 90s were equipped with sensors to ensure proper air to fuel ratios. but of course, your "school" told you this was wrong, and that he will actually lose horses until the ECU has enough time to learn and adjust, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

The school where I learned about that and actually ran cars on the dyno and noticed power drops with certain parts untuned was wyotech where I took high performance power-train and chassis fabrication. Another school that went more into detail why stuff like that happens that I attended was EFI University. I never said it would run soooo lean, I said it would prolly run richer then it already does from the factory causing a loss in power. The ECU does not know you added an intake but notices alot more air entering so it thinks theres a problem. So what does it do? adds more fuel and retards timing just to be safe. Over time it starts to learn and adjusts the a/f and timing properly. On some cars you can just unplug the battery to reset the ECU like mentioned above but that doesn't always work.

I think the phrase you were trying to use was "couldn't care less" not "could care less". And if you couldn't care less they why ask about it? I will tell you though just to rub it in your face a little :rofl:

The EVO I "saw" is sitting in my garage rite now. It was on the dyno over at AWD tuning which is a mustang dyno.Also at Jotech motorsports which uses a dynocomp. Iv upgraded to a forced performance hta3582r turbo, 1250cc injectors, running a custom double in-tank fuel pumps with a walbro 255 and ford gt fuel pump which flows an insane amout(over 400 lph if I remember correctly), hks cams and cam gears, ets upper and lower ICP kit,tial 50mm bov and 38mm WG, ams front mount, running on E85 pushing 30 psi daily driven.ALL ON STOCK BLOCK. Few other supporting mods. Just shows you what a properly tuned engine can do with a lot of fuel and boost. All mods done by me, injectors scaled by me, maf scaled by me all on stock ecu. Only thing I didnt do was the e85 tune as I have never tuned with that fuel. Also my tuner added a patch to my ecu allowing me to run alternate maps at the flip of a switch in case im not around an E85 station. I simply flip the switch and my fuel/timing/boost maps change to run on my 93 octane tune I did which is around 380-400 hp.

Now tell me, what cars have YOU added intakes to and ran on a dyno to prove a hp increase?

heaps of cars but i can say what cars are actually mine with work done.

2003 dodge SRT-4

2006 subaru WRX

and simple boltons were not the only things done on either vehicles. too bad i didnt give me ECU "time" to adjust to the added air, lol. but im going to assume by with no pics the car i "couldnt" care less about sits at wyotech, lol

Do you just not know how to read? Or are you that dumb and simply can not understand?

I never said the ecu has to adjust the air coming in. It has to adjust the a/f for all the extra air being sucked in. That article says over time it adjusts(meaning its learning) for the intake and brings it back down to stock performance. Having a check engine light on,depending on code, will cause the car to go into limp mode. A simple intake could cause the car to run leaner because of the added air, 2 things happen after that. 1 the ecu throws a code causing the car to run in limp mode running richer, and 2 automatically adjust a/f due to the extra air causing it to run richer. Either way is not good depending how well the ecu does its job. Some cars ecu might not be as sophisticated and ignore the added air and in that case you receive solid 4-6hp. Running too rich WILL lose power. Why do you think AEM's intakes now comes with a "mappable converter box" stated in that article? So you can adjust(tune) the maf tricking the ecu into accepting the intake and the added power. With out its, the intake is a waste of money and time.

Wrx and srt4 hu? where are pics, what mods, what dyno have they been on? you have two shit cars that are garbage but thats besides the point. They are both turbo cars. Intakes and exhausts act differently in F/I cars. Freeing up any restrictions to intake and exhaust do add power. Since you againts the whole tuning for intakes thing, have your cars not been tuned for the added mods? Do you realize you could double..mayb triple the gains the mods gave you with a good tune?

The OP has a N/A car, which acts differently to intakes and exhausts then F/I cars.

So what the hell do you know about N/A performance?

You never answered my question...what cars have you done mods to and how have you tested them? and dont give me the "heaps of cars" line...what dyno did you run them on, what intakes did you use? and all you did was bolted up parts? lol

Do you really want to see pics of my car? Are you that childish that I have to go out take pictures just to prove I own what I say I do?

Archived