Second Skin Audio

1 AQ HDC3 15 or 2 AQ SDC2.5 15's?

I plan on running it or them off of a Hifonics BRZ1700.1d (supposed to be 1700 watts RMS.)

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

With the same power the 2 15's will be louder in the correct enclosure.

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

I recommend going with the single HD 15 simply beacause that power is too much for the 2.5 series. Those subs cannot really handle anything over the rated 600 rms without blowing. I have guys on my competition team using both subs and I have already reconed too many of the 2.5's and the HD subs hold strong with alot of power. Just my opinion

Founder-StreetSPL Competition Organization

www.streetspl.com

I recommend going with the single HD 15 simply beacause that power is too much for the 2.5 series. Those subs cannot really handle anything over the rated 600 rms without blowing. I have guys on my competition team using both subs and I have already reconed too many of the 2.5's and the HD subs hold strong with alot of power. Just my opinion

and you know this how? to my knowledge sdc2.5's can handle 1200rms perfectly fine. they rate them at 600 so "noobs" that are clipping them dont blow them as easily.

btw they dont make HD's anymore. they are HDC3's.

I know this with all the testing in 3 different vehicles we have tried these subs with. I have one guy using 8 of the 15's in a bandpass wall and I am honestly not impressed with those subs at all. With the spider design on them the plastic mounting rings need to have more height to them so the coil does not smack the bottom of the pole piece so easily. It is a design flaw that has been overlooked by Audioque and should be in the works of hopefully being fixed soon. I have put the HDC subs through soo much abuse just to test how well they can handle it and have not had a single issue with those in the last 2 years and that has been running a 3500 per sub. And no offense but I am in no way a noob to this game I have been a DD dealer since they came out in the 90's and I have been listed as one of the recommended Box builders on the Audioque website. Not trying to make it sound like I am Mr know it all but just giving info from my 1st hand experiences of the AQ subs.

Edited by H.O Audio

www.streetspl.com

Yeah yeah I meant HDC's not HD's just didn't add the last letter and those coils are in no way meant to handle 1200 rms for a daily groundpounder. For a burping situation I don't see a problem with it at all.

Edited by H.O Audio

www.streetspl.com

Yeah yeah I meant HDC's not HD's just didn't add the last letter and those coils are in no way meant to handle 1200 rms for a daily groundpounder. For a burping situation I don't see a problem with it at all.

how many watts can the HDC3 take?

i heard around 2000 RMS for the 15.

and im putting them in the trunk of an 86 monte carlo.

its a fairly big trunk. but im not sure what the airspace would have to be

SMDSIG799x74.jpg

BHE Wall Build

TEAM DC Audio

TEAM XS POWER
1986 Monte Carlo

KMC Nova's 20"
4 DC XL's W/ PSI Recones
2 DC 5k's
Pioneer PRS 80
10 Audio Technix

6 XS Power D3100's

1 XS Power D3400

Mechman 220a Alternator

I personally like the HDC 15s in 3.5-4.2 cu ft. Now I have done the testing on the HDC subs using up to an Audioque3500 clamping at just under 4000 watts. Now the issue I have found is that for musical applications the subs goes into a saturation point at roughly 2900 watts. I would recommend nothing more than 2000 like you said unless you really know what your doing. Hope this helps you out some

www.streetspl.com

ya i like my aq hdc3 18s but i am havin problems rite now one sub started to rub on the thing inside of the voice coil and now im in the reconin of it

Whip:2004 Ford Expedition

Headuint:Pioneer AVH-P4200DVD

Alt:MechMan 270 Amp

Big 3: Yes

Rear batts:2x Kinetik HC2400

Power Wire:carolprene 0/2 welding wire

Volt Meter:X Scorpion

Front stage:Kicker KS6502

Rear stage:Polk audio 6x8s

High Amp:Boston acoustic GT-4100

Sub stage:Audio Que HDC3 18s Copper Coils D2

Low Amp:Audiopipe AP30001D