Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Kicker cvx 15" at 1ohm?


juanharu4913

Recommended Posts

Posted

I was planning on buying a hifonics bxi-2006d (2000rms at 1ohm), will the cvx'es work at 1 ohm though? Nothing definite I haven't bought anything yet but the hifonics amp looks a lot better than the 2 kenwood 8105d's I was gona use for each cvx.

On a side note, any alternatives to the cvx'es in same price range (170 on ebay for the 15")

Thanks for helping a noob out :D

Another side note, I tried searching the forum for stuff about the cvx'es and I couldn't find a thing, looks like most either go with the cheaper cvr's or go to the l5/7's

Posted

I was planning on buying a hifonics bxi-2006d (2000rms at 1ohm), will the cvx'es work at 1 ohm though? Nothing definite I haven't bought anything yet but the hifonics amp looks a lot better than the 2 kenwood 8105d's I was gona use for each cvx.

On a side note, any alternatives to the cvx'es in same price range (170 on ebay for the 15")

Thanks for helping a noob out :D

Another side note, I tried searching the forum for stuff about the cvx'es and I couldn't find a thing, looks like most either go with the cheaper cvr's or go to the l5/7's

yo ttm dude. I ran a single 15" cvx for a long time.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Posted

CVX's work at 1 ohm? Well, if it's 1 sub you're planning on running, you're gonna need a dual 2 ohm and wire it to 1 ohm. If you're running (2) subs, you'll need to get either dual 1 ohm or dual 4 ohm and wire down to 1 ohm.

Posted

I was thinking at least 2 cvx 15"s 4 if i can squeeze/afford it, don't have a car yet but im starting to save/buy stuff now in pieces so I wont be spending a few grand all at once.

if your going with two then you need two D4s to get ur one ohm load.. and as far as hifonics..im not a fan, you should get the zx amps.

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Posted

imo the cvx is the best sub kicker makes. again imo dont do a L5/7 or cvrs. i had 2 15s inna seald box 2.5cuft per sub and it got loud and sounded good doin it...then the car got stolen :bull:

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

Posted

Was planning on getting the dual 4ohms, but would be fine to wire it down to 1ohm?

srry if thats a nub question

Also anything better than the cvx'es for 170 factory refurbed?

EDIT: from what im getting, u can wire down as far as you want as long as ur amp will run that low?

Posted

Was planning on getting the dual 4ohms, but would be fine to wire it down to 1ohm?

srry if thats a nub question

Also anything better than the cvx'es for 170 factory refurbed?

Well, you would have to worry more if your amp can run 1 ohm stable (which that Hifonics IS 1 ohm stable) so you'll be good. And for $170 each, I'd rather get some AQ SDC2.5 15's. Yes only rated at 600 rms but they'll handle more if it's clean power. Also, how much you planning on paying for that Hifonics amp?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 1623 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...