Sonic Electronix

So currently I'm running two sets of Infinity 60.9cs's off of my head unit. I don't know what my head unit clips at but I never go past 28 out of 35 on volume. It's a KDC-X994. All my wires I have quadruple checked now. After listening to music for more then 4 minutes straight usually my speakers all of a sudden get real distorted and volume is cut below half. Subs still pound away and their volume doesn't change. I think my head unit is being pushed too hard and can't handle it unless someone can suggest something else it might be? My EQ is flat and HPF set at 60hz at a 24db slope. From Xover to HeadUnit is about 4 foot of 12g wire to each Xover. Any ideas or info that Kappas are running lower then 4ohm after rise and the radio can't handle it? And the sad thing is the head unit really brings these to life but I was hoping to put off buying a amp for my kappas for a few months.....

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

kappas are 2 ohms.... I've been running mine for about 18 months now, 110w ea @ 2 ohms, slammin away, never distort. One of the clips on the connection to the speaker broke one time - but it was re soldered and never had a problem since.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

Sounds like it's time to get a amp then... AQ90.4 here I come....

edit: actualy maybe not. Think I have a Kenwood 2ch I could run each set In series for 4ohm tk each channel and get about 75rms a piece. I'm going to go get a new DMM tomorrow and I'll see what reading I get at the headunit..

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

So currently I'm running two sets of Infinity 60.9cs's off of my head unit. I don't know what my head unit clips at but I never go past 28 out of 35 on volume. It's a KDC-X994. All my wires I have quadruple checked now. After listening to music for more then 4 minutes straight usually my speakers all of a sudden get real distorted and volume is cut below half. Subs still pound away and their volume doesn't change. I think my head unit is being pushed too hard and can't handle it unless someone can suggest something else it might be? My EQ is flat and HPF set at 60hz at a 24db slope. From Xover to HeadUnit is about 4 foot of 12g wire to each Xover. Any ideas or info that Kappas are running lower then 4ohm after rise and the radio can't handle it? And the sad thing is the head unit really brings these to life but I was hoping to put off buying a amp for my kappas for a few months.....

how do you rise lower? thats your answer rite there.

60hz is very low for door speakers, put it up to 80hz.

to find the problem you have to kind of do a round robin. switch the hu and see if the problem persists. put the stock speakers back in, see if the problem persists.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Stock speakers had a hammer taken to em. Lol. And I gave my brother my old kenwood 3 ways. I don't think the head unit is bad just think the speakers are asking for too much power.

I'll change the HP and see what she does.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

And also at skittles. By rise I mean how Infinity claims that after all wiring and heat is included they say there is a "perfect" 4 ohm load for each sub and tweet.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I had the same speakers. Those things ask for alot of power. I never got mine to sound right for what they are worth. They are sitting in my garage as I type. Not sure what to do with them. Anyway sounds like your amp in the stereo might be going out or getting hot?

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Yeah infinities need like 2x their rec. power to get loud. Learned that the hard way hehe. 110w ea though is good, 200 would prob be best.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.