Sonic Electronix

need some help on this im out of options

okay well im new here and the guys in the livechat said come here with my dumb questions lol so here it is:

i bought a Hifonics Brutus BRZ2400.1D off sonicelectronix.com and received it this past wednesday. well the amp worked fine for a day and the next day it went into protect. i havent been running the amp hard because i was told amps have a break in period and i wasnt sure if thats true so i took it easy on it just to be safe. i got curious and started reading around and it turns out the amp turns off when the heatsink reaches 187 degrees so i thought well shit its 105 outside right now maybe it just being on is getting it to 187 and shutting down...turn the radio off and back on it comes right back on. i call sonic and they tell me to roll up my windows fold down the seat turn on the A/C and turn it down(they said turn it down even after i told them its been on so low since i got it i can barely hear the bass) well today i get in my car and it turns on fine and i do what sonic says with the window and A/C and i get about 5-10 mins from my house and BAM the sound just turns off....im like shit this sucks so i turn around and go home to test. i tested the subs, they work. i tested RCA's, remote, power, ground, speaker wires, speaker ohms(btw its 2 15" kicker L7's)and theyre at 1 ohm where they should be and everything checks out. checked all fuses....everything is how it should be even my gain and all the other dials(yes i know what they are im just too lazy to type it). i think well maybe it's gone into protect so i look...nope the green power light is on but no protect light. the front of the amp that says hifonics is lit up too....but the amp WILL NOT put out any sound...ive spent the last 5 hours testing with my multimeter and unplugging and plugging back it stuff and i get nothing..also i smelled the amp when i first got it and it just smells like glue and metal and plastic...i smelled it tonight and it smells just like it did fresh out of the box...i just called sonicelectronix before they closed and they made me a return number mumbo jumbo bullshit number but they said i have to pay shipping there and then i have to have them test the amp which if its broke and somehow it looks to be my fault in any way i now have to pay them $25 for testing it and then have to pay to either have it repaired or shipped back broken...im thinking this is a shitty deal and i really dont like it so im wondering does anyone out there have any idea what it could be? im so lost on what to try next im about to start pulling hair out....i just turned 18 and had to save up for a year just to buy this amp because i have to help pay my dads DR. bills and im working 3 jobs right now so anything you guys can tell me to help me with this would be great. thanks guys for any help you guys give me

Jinx

2 15" Kicker 08 dual 4 ohm L7's down to 1 ohm, 220 amp alternator, PPI art series a404.2 4 channel, alpine cda-105 HU, memphis audio doors, audiobauhn tweets, hifonics BRZ2400.1D, 0 gauge wire, pioneer 5x7's

You might call around to local shops to get a price for a bench test. I would stay away from car stereo shops cause they will over charge you. Try electronic repair shops or home stereo shops. There is a guy local her that will bench test amps for 10 to 15 bucks. That way you can get an idea of whats wrong with it. I would also try the manufacture maybe they can help more than sonix. I do not know if any of this helps but just thought I would throw a couple ideas at you? Good luck and let us know what happens.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

thanks for the help guys i contacted maxxsonics but they dont wanna seem to return my email for some strange reason lol. im gonna check around on that idea of having it tested to see whats wrong with it and hopefully theres some way to tell if its a faulty amp or if i just somehow blew it up which i seriously doubt i did. if sonix takes this amp back im gonna take my money back and go for the rockford 2500

2 15" Kicker 08 dual 4 ohm L7's down to 1 ohm, 220 amp alternator, PPI art series a404.2 4 channel, alpine cda-105 HU, memphis audio doors, audiobauhn tweets, hifonics BRZ2400.1D, 0 gauge wire, pioneer 5x7's

thanks for the help guys i contacted maxxsonics but they dont wanna seem to return my email for some strange reason lol. im gonna check around on that idea of having it tested to see whats wrong with it and hopefully theres some way to tell if its a faulty amp or if i just somehow blew it up which i seriously doubt i did. if sonix takes this amp back im gonna take my money back and go for the rockford 2500

Good choice on the amp. Look at the Sundown section in the forum they are having a sale on used refurbished amps. They have great deals on top of the line equipment and not only do you get a bad azz deal on a nice amp but you get a 1 year warranty with a company that has good customer service. Not saying anything bad about RF you will be 100 times happier with either one of these companies. Good luck hommie.

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION

See if your hu is getting too hot, mine got excessively hot and would turn the remote off... Put a relay in and used a 12g remote wire and problem solved.

Edit: that was my old pioneer 5000ub and it was really cramped in my blazer dash.

Edited by wL<3bass

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Try pulling your headunit of of you dash and letting it sit ontop your dashboard or something and playing it and see if it shuts off, if it does feel the back part of the chassis and see if its hot, and check the remote wire.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i ran a wire from a 12volt source to my remote the amp is turning on fine either way its just not outputting sound im thinking that something to do with the output is messed up and defective because the amp went into protect twice the first day i had it with everything turned down and then it just stopped working all together...i thought maybe it fried but it just smells like fresh electronics and glue no burnt smell which is good :) hopefully sonix takes it back on monday and they find the amp was funked up and give me a new one or let me get my money back so i can buy a RF2500