Ok guys...I know this is going to start a flame war..but that is not my intention.  Here is what I am curious to know.  Has anyone used any benchmarking software to actually test the performance between the two procs?

I will be starting my build here pretty soon and am debating between the two brands.  My system will start out with 4gb's of ram and two dual core procs.  This pc needs to have the the highest number of MIPS I can get out of it, as it is going to be a security auditing pc.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Guest 90accordman

Ok guys...I know this is going to start a flame war..but that is not my intention.  Here is what I am curious to know.  Has anyone used any benchmarking software to actually test the performance between the two procs?

I will be starting my build here pretty soon and am debating between the two brands.  My system will start out with 4gb's of ram and two dual core procs.  This pc needs to have the the highest number of MIPS I can get out of it, as it is going to be a security auditing pc.

Kev

Intel Quad Fore in November FTW

I have Duo Core Intel and the Dual Core athlon, the intel kicks its butt in almost all prosessing , but it should, how long was it that Athlonx2 came out.

I have Duo Core Intel and the Dual Core athlon, the intel kicks its butt in almost all prosessing , but it should, how long was it that Athlonx2 came out.

Out of curiosity, what did you use in measure the test?  I ask, cause I have an Intel dual core 2.8 (820) and a Xeon 2.8.  In MIPS testing the Xeon steps all over the dual core.  Surprised the heck out of me.  Must be the 2mb L2  :D

Guest 90accordman

Out of curiosity, what did you use in measure the test?  I ask, cause I have an Intel dual core 2.8 (820) and a Xeon 2.8.  In MIPS testing the Xeon steps all over the dual core.  Surprised the heck out of me.  Must be the 2mb L2  :D

Passmark, but you cangoogle up probably 100 different test softwares

Actually, I am very familiar with testing software as I work on servers/networks as a career.  I was just curious which toolset you used.

Anyone else have any direct comparisons??

Guest 90accordman

Actually, I am very familiar with testing software as I work on servers/networks as a career.  I was just curious which toolset you used.

Anyone else have any direct comparisons??

Same here

Guest 90accordman

intel conroe's kick the shit out of amd and this is coming from an amd user so yeah. Id probably go with intels quad core like accordman said.

Yea as said before though ..how longs AMD's been out, it should be older and tireder.  if that Intel stuff thats coming out was hardly on par or not on par with the X2 AMD's it would have been a waste of engineering time IMO