High End Component recommendations?

jdubs

As for North Olmsted Performance.... pardon.gif

I do not do displays... I have tried pretty much everything out there... morel, dyna, all the way to RF and Alpine over the years. I am sick of the same ol mainstream stuff, runs down the assy line in china one day as Alpine, the next as something else... however, the marketeers swear theirs are better than everyone else's and they re-invented the wheel...

I went with Hertz and Audison for a reason, pure performance. I was skeptical at first also, did some listening at CES, looked at the offerings, then I found myself talking to a crazy guy in the booth, it was an acoustic engineer. My biggest fear, was what if something happened to a speaker and these guys from Italy are going to take forever to get back to me and I will end up with an upset client? Well, after 3 years I have had yet to have 1 failure of anything from them; audison or hertz.

So longer story short, after a few years of dealing with clients and trying to become an authority on the Hertz line, I just tell the customer what they are going to get... no bartering, haggling, no second guess's, no what ifs... it is my modus operandi so to speak, and I have very little free time. I am far from trying to be an ass also, but you have to know this, money doesn't come on a tree, it is worked hard for no matter how rich or poor. When you purchase something, it is for an upgrade, installing some mediocre stuff under a different brand name is still mediocre results...

Have you looked at the Hertz site? done the "mille experience"? If you have; you would understand that these people actually take the time to make it right the first time with their R&D process. Rockford went from building in the USA to offshore and are now just a warehouse for imported crap. Sorry RF, you guys were great at one time and understood what quality was.

with Hertz you get quality and quantity, the later being more for your money in performance

Also, you can have the best speaker in the world, but do a poor job installing it and it will have negative results. I would recommend a professional, but seeing whats out there, their numbers are dwindling.

Professionally would be no boogered wire job, soldered connections, proper sealed baffle of a stiff material to reduce unwanted resonating, and some sound deadening material to help with it. Further; you need to look at the speaker for the job, how it sounds off axis and on axis, also if it is a door mount as your instance, a 6x8 opening that has an adapter to fit a 6" component set... you do a nice baffle for the mount but the doors inner skin is like swiss cheese with cutouts, they need to be minimalistic also. Then comes tuning, if everything from proper wire size and install is met, comes gain settings and xover points.

good luck with what you choose. Hertz isn't everywhere, and I could demo you one of my clients vehicles, but they have gear that surpasses your budget and would really not be beneficial to your comparison. Also Ray, is on here, he sells Hertz and maybe will accommodate your needs; I don't sell over the counter, on the net, etc... unless it is a demo product or mis shipped to me. I only do end users. It keeps me honest that way and the line somewhat purer...

SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields

As for North Olmsted Performance.... pardon.gif

I do not do displays... I have tried pretty much everything out there... morel, dyna, all the way to RF and Alpine over the years. I am sick of the same ol mainstream stuff, runs down the assy line in china one day as Alpine, the next as something else... however, the marketeers swear theirs are better than everyone else's and they re-invented the wheel...

I went with Hertz and Audison for a reason, pure performance. I was skeptical at first also, did some listening at CES, looked at the offerings, then I found myself talking to a crazy guy in the booth, it was an acoustic engineer. My biggest fear, was what if something happened to a speaker and these guys from Italy are going to take forever to get back to me and I will end up with an upset client? Well, after 3 years I have had yet to have 1 failure of anything from them; audison or hertz.

So longer story short, after a few years of dealing with clients and trying to become an authority on the Hertz line, I just tell the customer what they are going to get... no bartering, haggling, no second guess's, no what ifs... it is my modus operandi so to speak, and I have very little free time. I am far from trying to be an ass also, but you have to know this, money doesn't come on a tree, it is worked hard for no matter how rich or poor. When you purchase something, it is for an upgrade, installing some mediocre stuff under a different brand name is still mediocre results...

Have you looked at the Hertz site? done the "mille experience"? If you have; you would understand that these people actually take the time to make it right the first time with their R&D process. Rockford went from building in the USA to offshore and are now just a warehouse for imported crap. Sorry RF, you guys were great at one time and understood what quality was.

with Hertz you get quality and quantity, the later being more for your money in performance

Also, you can have the best speaker in the world, but do a poor job installing it and it will have negative results. I would recommend a professional, but seeing whats out there, their numbers are dwindling.

Professionally would be no boogered wire job, soldered connections, proper sealed baffle of a stiff material to reduce unwanted resonating, and some sound deadening material to help with it. Further; you need to look at the speaker for the job, how it sounds off axis and on axis, also if it is a door mount as your instance, a 6x8 opening that has an adapter to fit a 6" component set... you do a nice baffle for the mount but the doors inner skin is like swiss cheese with cutouts, they need to be minimalistic also. Then comes tuning, if everything from proper wire size and install is met, comes gain settings and xover points.

good luck with what you choose. Hertz isn't everywhere, and I could demo you one of my clients vehicles, but they have gear that surpasses your budget and would really not be beneficial to your comparison. Also Ray, is on here, he sells Hertz and maybe will accommodate your needs; I don't sell over the counter, on the net, etc... unless it is a demo product or mis shipped to me. I only do end users. It keeps me honest that way and the line somewhat purer...

pm sent. lol

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

Im coming to see you, in about 20 minutes!

Sorry I had to go get a stress test wont be back until next year :D

Hertz 165XLs and active = win.

haha those are the ones I'm interested in... We need to talk alts as well btw :D

Sorry I had to go get a stress test wont be back until next year :D

Sounds like its time for a vacation! You agree with him on the 165XLs? I took your advice and emailed Ray, hope he helps

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

DSCF0360-1.jpg

8" inchers like this

or 6" with a paper cone and black phase plug similar to this

DB DRAG PSYCHLONE PRO 156.3 30 SECOND AVERAGE FO MAX AT 26HZ

LEGAL DASH DRIVER DOOR OPEN 158.0@30 HZ

MY BEST SO FAR, HOPEFULLY A 160 COME FEBUARY.

156.9@26hz  158.0@30hz

The 165xl's are impressive. I used them in the Sprinter, and yet to equalize them and they sound damn good.

ive owned the XL and the Mille and prefer the sound of the mille on most types of music. if you listen to stuff like metal or hiphop though and dont have a bitone or anything like that. then i would say XL all day.

James, I think we were pushing the financial envelope with suggesting the XL's. Now you want to toss in the Mille? ;) Next we will be talking Thesis peepwall.gif

Archived