how do you achieve this?

some people use a spray to get them black but im not sure what its called. they also mite sell them online

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

Many different ways.

You can buy the stuff in a spray can, like VHT Nite-Shades. There are others but I cannot remember the names of them, others may be able to label them for you.

Or you could (if you have a spray gun or can get your hands on one) take black paint and mix it with some clear coat and spray it on.

If you do use the spray can, get some clear coat spray and spray a few layers onto it so it has the shine to it, every time I have seen just plain VHT Nite-Shade on tail lights, it's a flat black look, but that may be what you are looking for.

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

now you spray the outside I'm assuming?

will you be able to see the lights still through the black(assuming yes) and are they illegal at all?

2004 Volkswagen GLI

1 10" Skar VVX

^^^ Looking for an amp to run it, Pm me if you have one ^^^

will you be able to see the lights still through the black(assuming yes) and are they illegal at all?

i wanted to do it to my car too but i asked a cop n they said that it is illegal and that i will get pulled over. i live in cali btw

2008 TahoeHU-PioneerMids/Highs amp- sundown 200.4Mids/Highs- hertz xls, hertz ml 700, audison voce tweetsAmp-2 AQ 3500sSubs-FI SP418sAlt-singer 350Big 3 1/0

a1c59399-4196-4eaa-b853-46c1480ed3ab.jpg

Build Log

UBL My YouTube channel

Yes you spray it on the outside... Check my build in my sig... I did mine...

You will see light through them... how much light depends on how many coats you put on

Yes. You spray on the outside. I used the VHT I linked but I hear others like the Rustoleum better. You just apply very light coats 1 at a time until you achieve the darkness you want. Illegal...like anything we do is legal. 8) As long as you don't paint them SOLID black you'll be fine. They are still very transparent and let a lot of light through with about 3-4 coats.

Jeyrapboy ninjad me.

Edited by Robert8252

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff