Sundown Audio

amp issue

shazaam

im having a little problem with my amp. right now i have a sundown saz-2000d hooked up to two 18" dc xl's at .5 ohms until i can afford a better amp and get more batteries to support the extra power. but so far the amp is doing alright except at times the amp will go into protect only when i turn it up. it doesnt happen all the time and whenever it happens its random, meaning it sometimes will go into protect the moment the bass hits when turned up or sometimes after a whole song has played through full tilt. right now my electrical is a 250 amp alt with the big 3 done in 1/0 gauge wire and an xs power d3400 under the hood with a d3100d in the back all with 1/0 gauge wire. i also do understand that running at .5 voids the warranty. i just wanna see if i can try and figure it out and see if there is any other reason why than the ohm load being at .5 ohms. i have a feeling it is because its wired down to .5 ohms but im not sure. it does however run fine with no problems at normal listening levels though.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

might be pushing the amp too hard. double check that you are at .5ohm. use a DMM and read the value. just make sure you didnt mess up and wire it to .25 or something. it shouldnt do this at .5 unless you have a weak spot in the electrical (bad connection)

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i think i am pushing the amp too hard. i did check with a dmm and it is .5 ohms. i even turned the gain down and even reset it with the tone on decaf's slowed music thread. doing that so far helped but it still goes into protect. i have noticed on hot days it does it more frequently. and with being in texas it gets really hot which doesnt help.

2004 Chevy Trailblazer:

Deck: Pioneer Premier DEH-P980BT

Mids: 4 Selenium 6W4P's

Highs: 2 AQ Tweeter's + 2 Crescendo Tweeters + 2 Power Acoustik NX-5 Bullet Tweeters

Highs Amp: MB Quart Onyx 4.125

Bass: 2 18" DC Audio XL's <-- Soon to be 8 Sundown SA-12's

Box: 13.37 Cu Ft @ 35 Hz with 3 8" sonotubes

Bass amps: Crescendo BC3500 @ .5 ohms (2nd one coming soon)

325a Singer Alt! 375a at 16+ volts!

2 XS Power D1400's

www.youtube.com/user/phukudmss

Yeah its hot in Houston for sure. With that low impedance it will get warmer with so much power its putting out.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980