Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

One of my favorites said to me was "Don't play your system with your trunk open cause it's bad for your

subs. They need the trunk closed in order for it to work right" lol

lmfao this one made almost choke on my beer

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

ur right about that one but i seen people at sbn with 2 12s hitting 145db+ on the tl its not hard make a good box and u can do it pulse car audio said they got a sundown 8inch sub to hit 153db on the tl ya an 8inch sub im hitting 140 with a single sub and got a vid for proof !

i dont think youre understanding the point. yes, you can definitely make 12s get down, its about install. but the fail comes from thinking just because its two 12s its louder than one 18. simple rule of thumb, as long as box is decently built, more cone area on same power will be louder. but then the analogy was originally two 12s with 500 watts against one 18 with 2500. never going to happen regardless of the box or install.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i dont think youre understanding the point. yes, you can definitely make 12s get down, its about install. but the fail comes from thinking just because its two 12s its louder than one 18. simple rule of thumb, as long as box is decently built, more cone area on same power will be louder. but then the analogy was originally two 12s with 500 watts against one 18 with 2500. never going to happen regardless of the box or install.

uh huh huh hummmm dan remember what forum your posting on lol i tried to tell him TeamHT

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

i walked into Murrays aka O'Reilly's auto store a few weeks ago looking for an ANL fuse. i didnt think they would have any, i looked, nothing, anyways so i asked the guy at the desk for the hell of it, i went to him "do you carry any ANL fuses?" he goes "whats that?" i go "a fuse" he goes, get this, "whats a fuse?" i go "it protects electrical things from blowing up" he goes "whats it used for?" i go "a car..." and i just walked out.

i walked into Murrays aka O'Reilly's auto store a few weeks ago looking for an ANL fuse. i didnt think they would have any, i looked, nothing, anyways so i asked the guy at the desk for the hell of it, i went to him "do you carry any ANL fuses?" he goes "whats that?" i go "a fuse" he goes, get this, "whats a fuse?" i go "it protects electrical things from blowing up" he goes "whats it used for?" i go "a car..." and i just walked out.

ummmmmmm sorry for the language but what the fuckin hell

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

yeah i was like ARE YOU FUCKIN SERIOUS??!? i was laughing when he said that. i never had a problem going there all the times i needed something, but if that guy is there when i do go im just gonna walk back out.

Let's see... one's i've heard...

Alpine is the best brand

<Shop owner pointing at 4 gauge wire> you'll never pull enough power to heat that wire up

my computer has a program that is better than an oscilloscope

loud bass makes you go deaf faster than loud treble

grounding to the body is better than grounding directly to the battery (in a 1 battery setup)

you don't need 0 gauge wire

class ABs are only 50% efficient

capacitors help more than batteries

you can fuse the ground instead of the power wire

You can't break something on your car with bass

The Jackhammer is the best sub ever (ever notice how you could get like 15-20 BTLs for the price of one jackhammer?)

and my favorite... "My system will be louder than yours" (usually some teen who just got their license looking at stereos at walmart)

that is actually within range of class A/B efficiency.

yeah i was like ARE YOU FUCKIN SERIOUS??!? i was laughing when he said that. i never had a problem going there all the times i needed something, but if that guy is there when i do go im just gonna walk back out.

how many times are you going to post in this thread?

on another note, alot of you guys dont even know whats correct or not still.

ascendant.jpglogo.jpgteamsundown-1.jpgDCPowerLogoTransparent2.png

Archived