Sonic Electronix

The most stupid car audio rumors

Glad I saw this thread. Yesterday I was talking to a owner about my busted up Pioneer unit and started talking about my setup. He asked why 1 18 as opposed to 2 12's. I said a little more cone area and I hoped to wall 2 18's off in a little while. He pauses and says 2 12's have more cone area. I ask how do you figure. Exact quote..."The cone of two 12's is 24(12 +12) while an 18 has the cone area of 18". ( :orly3: )I had to take a minute and think... did he really just say that. :trippy:

SMD Super Seller/Buyer

Audison----Hertz----Rainbow

15's and 18's will be louder across the street than inside the car. if you want to hear the beat in the car better go with 10's and 12's... what crap. the same ppl told me that 15's and 18's were to slow for a musical application. early 90's.

funny that the shops that tell you this usually arent carrying 15's and 18's isnt it... i.e. the best buy sign.

hondasig.jpg

1992 Honda Accord LX

Head Unit: Alpine X-001

Mids/Highs Front: Rockford Fosgate P1652-S Components

Mids/Highs Rear: Rockford Fosgate P1653 3-Ways

Mids/Highs Amp: Hifonics Zxi6410

Sub: Fi 15" BTL With HiXmCoil Option

Sub Amp: Hifonics Bxi2008D

Enclosure: 5.2Cubes Gross Tuned at 31Hz

Wiring: One Run Of 0g

Alternator: Load Boss 170amp

what i've heard about 15 times this year from sever people and a couple shops "u should put that beast in a sealed box it will get louder.....i have a sealed single 15 box for a good price too". i even proved it to a few dipshits ported has louder overall output.

Anything about bridging an amp. I get a kick outta the kids who dont know what ohm load their sub is but its ok bridging it makes it louder

My F-150 Build (So Far)

2 DC L3 10's

Kenwood KDC-X794

(4) Selenium ST200 (Highs)

(2) RE X8 (Mids)

Sundown Sub/Mid/High Amps

Shuriken Batteries

Knu Wiring

My Feedback Thread

Prefab is better! I hate those noobs!

I have a friend that's dad bought him a prefab box, and he didn't want to make his dad feel bad, so he used it. It had the correct dimensions for his 2 SA-12's. He was using a Sundown Audio 1200 and blew a hole in the back of the box... I told him beforehand there was a possibility of it happening, and he said... " If it happens, Oh Well." Lol

Long story short. Prefab's can suck.

My Build Log

Deck- Eclipse 3100

Subs- 2X DC XL 18's

Wiring and Fuses- Stinger and Monster Cable

Sub Amp- Sundown SAZ 1500 V.2

Speaker Amp- Coustic 360U

Alternator - Powermaster Alt.

DCSig.jpg

Mainstream brands are the best.

Paying 1000 to get two JL's installed is better than anything out there

Ha ha some guy at work told me that my DC XL 15"s on a VFL500.1 wouldnt be as loud as his one JL W7 on a JL 1000wrms amp, cause mine "arent a name brand". I laughed at him. :pardon:

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

"JL Audio Is the Loudest subwoofer available". also this happened to me recently, contemplating on a wall build, and this guy from my college says "Put a jackhammer in your car, nobody can beat it" <<---

damn thing didnt edit lol

ummmmm that every basshead plays music at 3am.

i had a guy on another forum tell me this

Good thing your driver's window is open.... or your windshield might end up on the hood. I have a an acquaintance that had 4 Fosgate 15s in a Chev 1500 cab and 1/2, backseats removed and the 15s glassed into a custom fit. Turned the stereo up to counter the Hondah Snivic rattle trap that pulled up beside.... trouble is... the subs launched the rear window into the box of the truck. Lesson learned.

true story

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Any thing that involves the word funky pups is stupid and annoying personally..

whats wrong did a FP touch you when you were younger? :lol:

That you can bridge any amp :orly3:

that 12s can outplay 15s and 18s frequency wise

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

Archived