Sonic Electronix

First I have not contacted Matt or mechman in general will get into it today hopefully and probably 75% power maybe 50% of the time and full tilt other half will be doing db drag and other comps.

So with that sayd would you guys stil recommend the above?

My First Build on SMD (Blow Through)

2004 Ford F-350 SD Lariat

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

Infinity Reference Components not powered

Bully Dog Gauge Cluster Pyro, Turbo, Trans

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

If you can't Join em' Crush em'

So basically what I'm asking is if I will be powering 2 saz 4500 with 6 batterys total but 2 on each amp. And I will be listening to it at about 70% half the time and full power the other half

Will also spl comp

What would you guys recommend running, would I need 2 alt around 300amp or is it possible to throw a third into my truck.

I called mechman today at 1:00 and I didn't get an answer. I'll jut try tomorrow no biggie.

Thanks, austin

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

Ya that sucks haha. Well now I know forsure more then 1 but idk what route I wana go any more now maybe mechman will have something good to say :)

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

Will 1 300 amp alt be enough to power 2 saz 4500 amps that will have 2 xs 3100's to each.

Why I ask is I'm trying to get away with only using 1 the bracket for dual on my truck costs 800 and the alts are around 800 Each

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Austin

The DC Power Dual brackets for ford trucks are like $390

2x Sundown Audio SA-15's nuff said for my little old car

1999 Plymouth Breeze Build Log

2004 f350 6.0l diesel, Kyle said about 700 - 800$ and it's like 800 through ford. I don't think you are looking at the right bracket.

I looked at there site too and it's for gas engines only. Thanks for looking tho man

Edited by 55437Audio

Pioneer 3200BT DVD Deck

SF3 SCT Tuner W/Customs

actually...i just checked mechman. i know that the list doesnt show the 2004 but if memory serves correctly for the alternator there is no difference between the years on the 10th generation f350. so im going to assume the same price as for the 03, $399.

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Now, if that's the case, don't you think DC Power would know to use that instead? Why would they want to tell him he has to have something that he can get from another alt company that is the same for half the price?

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

yeah just one 300 amp alt. would be constantly strained running just over 1/2 way.

no it wont. at half volume you might be surprised at how much less power the amp makes. when i had voltage drop it wouldnt happen until the last 3-5 notches on the volume. at 45, very little drop, at 50 i saw 12v.

OP, what ohm load are you going to run them at? at 1ohm i think you will be ok. half ohm... eeehhhh, no. i mean you could... but i wouldnt like where the voltage would be at.

the 2 battery per amp idea is useless. and i mean that because they will all be connected in some way, they all go back to the alt at least. so you really wont have them separate. SO, you should have them all connected together in the back to help the flow between them.

hope that helps.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Now, if that's the case, don't you think DC Power would know to use that instead? Why would they want to tell him he has to have something that he can get from another alt company that is the same for half the price?

slim....you do make a very logical point, but before you speak do a little research.

DC 270amp alternator

Mechman 270amp alternator

this is in a regular GM vehicle, and already a $150 difference in price. the prices each company sets is fine with me, but instead of one 300 amp alternator from DC, for the price he can get dual 270 amp alternators.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?