Second Skin Audio

Noise cancellation and ports.

nitro229

Hello smd, I was wondering why it meters louder with the doors open?

And what does it do when you completly seal it off. But if you seal it off the port and sub have to be facing cabin? Correct?

An last question. I wanna do a 15 in my trunk, which way should the sub and port face? And should I cut out the rear deck speaker holes an put some mesh over it. So the air can get into the cabin? My seats are pretty thick an would block the bass alot I think but I wanna avoid folding down my seats all the time..

Thanks to anyone who replys to my long questions lol

it meters louder with the doors open because bass wave lengths are longer than your car some are over 45ft long.

now when your windows are closed it causes them to double back 180 out of phase causing them to cancel out.

hook up one of your subs the opposite of the other and it does the same thing just on a higher level.

and my advice would be running a 12" in the trunk sub port back with the deck cut out and room over box for bass to travel in the cabin

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

That's exactly what I was thinking except with a 15 lol, why a 12? I have plenty of room, an so your saying that if the windows are open it's louder? To the ear or tl?

Oh and I could just cut out the factory 6x9 holes, ( no speakers came in there stock) or I could cut out a huge square, Which would be better?

Archived