Sonic Electronix

So in the past two months I have gone through three sets of door speakers. Yesterday, my brand new Infinity Kappa 6x8s and Kappa 10.9T tweeters came in the mail. I spent a good two hours re-wiring my truck and making sure everything was hooked up PERFECTLY to ensure no wiring problems, because I had already blown a pair of Infinities and Rockfords previously. My electrical right now is a single run of 0 gauge, a Kinetic HC800 in the back, and the only amplifier im running is a DC Audio 125.4 for my mids and highs. Last time I had used these infinities, I was listening to music in my truck when suddenly both of the tweeters simultaneously faded out into nothing as the song was playing and never came back on. I figured this was my error because I had the amp set low for the speakers to have a little time to soften up, so I sucked it up and bought a new pair along with the $120 10.9T tweeters to put in my pillars.

Plug everything in yesterday, Sounds good. Set gains on the amp conservatively, not too high, not too low, where I KNEW the 100w RMS Kappas and 50w RMS tweeters would be able to handle it.

Can you guess what happened? Same exact fucking thing, except this time, The tweeters in the pillars AND in the doors shit themselves all at the same time. Am I just dumb as a brick and don't know how to properly set up mids and highs? I am burning through a shit load of money with this and its almost got me ready to call it quits and rip everything out. Ever since I started working towards my new build nothing has been going right.

Here's another catch, I can plug in my THIRTEEN year old stock speakers, turn the amp up HIGHER then I had it set with the Kappas, and even though there is distortion at high volumes, they never blow or cook themselves. Is infinity just junk? Or do I just have really bad luck.

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

What volume was it when they blew?

What crossovers are you using?

May be just a case of bad luck with that brand of speaker, i went through 10 hours of hell not long ago on a bad alt running from store to store with them saying its fine but knowing the damn thing is junk. Just gotta work you way through it and test everything and anything and hopefully the problem shows itself.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

What volume was it when they blew?

What crossovers are you using?

May be just a case of bad luck with that brand of speaker, i went through 10 hours of hell not long ago on a bad alt running from store to store with them saying its fine but knowing the damn thing is junk. Just gotta work you way through it and test everything and anything and hopefully the problem shows itself.

It was about 45 out of 62 on the volume. That's the max I ever go to.

Crossovers are the large externally mounted ones that come with the tweeters and speakers, they don't look to be like their fucking around, they could be junk though.

I'm about to say F it and save up my money for some Focals or something, cause im gonna end up spending more blowing up speakers like this. Could it be the equalization on my deck?

DC AUDIO

06' Lancer

Archived