good SQ head unit

i know i know, i've seen topics like this before. searching showed no results tho. but i bought a carputer, and should be able to buy the screen here fairly soon to mold into my dash and i'm looking for a nice head unit with a decent equalizer in it to go along with it. right now i have a DEH-P6900UB which is an ok unit, just not my all time fav. so i may try to sell that one if i find a good replacement. i have a couple in mind but want to see what others' opinions are. or if i should get a separate eq altogether. not too much experience with head units. i've usually had in dash screens or just a cheapy unit to hold me over

oh yeah and i'm not looking to spend a fortune. just enough to get something satisfactory

Edited by Torres

i know i know, i've seen topics like this before. searching showed no results tho. but i bought a carputer, and should be able to buy the screen here fairly soon to mold into my dash and i'm looking for a nice head unit with a decent equalizer in it to go along with it. right now i have a DEH-P6900UB which is an ok unit, just not my all time fav. so i may try to sell that one if i find a good replacement. i have a couple in mind but want to see what others' opinions are. or if i should get a separate eq altogether. not too much experience with head units. i've usually had in dash screens or just a cheapy unit to hold me over

oh yeah and i'm not looking to spend a fortune. just enough to get something satisfactory

pioneer deh-p880prs or p800prs would be a good choice...ive found them on www.productsalz.com i've never bought anything from that website personally, but for the price they offer those two on there is unbelievable. maybe try calling them and feel out the customer service. kenwoods kdc-x993 is a decent one for sound and you can align your speakers with it, but the eq only has 5 bands...