Voltage drops at idle+driving?

well heres my problem

Stock alt, big 3 in 4gauge, 2 runs of 4g to my 4ch + sub amp

stock alt is 136 amps

at idle before driving for the day it sits at 13.6

on my way home from virgina and when i got back i noticed it would drop when i stoped to 12.5 ( sub not playing )

then droped to 11.8 wile playing

then it sits around 13.0 with nothing on but my speakers playing, no sub, no lighs, no ac

highest ive seen it get going 90 on i 95 was about 13.2, which makes no sense to me.

if anything seems confusing just ask

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

GO with a mechman. stock alternators put out nothing at idle. you could try a smaller pulley to get the rpms up, but i doubt it would help much.

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

What is the year/ make and model of the vehicle?

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo

GO with a mechman. stock alternators put out nothing at idle. you could try a smaller pulley to get the rpms up, but i doubt it would help much.

i would but, unless its 150$ i cant buy shit lol, plus im not sure how much longer ill have this car lol, plus i dont know if they do the "if you get a new car return this alt for a brand new(same amps) one for your NEW car for free (after a 1 time fee)" like iraggi does

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

Our jeeps voltage is PCM controlled so we are screwed lol. I looked for an MLA and that would cost us $209. Unless Mechman can get us something cheaper ;)

thats fucking stupid -.-, so in order to bypass that you need a new alt basicly?

and MLA? no idea what that is

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

thats fucking stupid -.-, so in order to bypass that you need a new alt basicly?

and MLA? no idea what that is

I have an after market alt but still need that mla. My voltage never drop to 12.8 idle though. I start it at 13.6v and idle after it heats up around 13.3v or 13.4v

I have an after market alt but still need that mla. My voltage never drop to 12.8 idle though. I start it at 13.6v and idle after it heats up around 13.3v or 13.4v

the whole trip back from va (4-5 hour drive) i sat at 13.0 droped to 12.8 occasionally, was beating for maybe 2mins playing some of big pimpins shit in traffic and glanced at my meter and saw 11.8 on the meter and immediately grabbed for my bass knob >.>, i was afraid that my amp was gunna go into protect lol, its werid because before i left i really dident have a problem it droped to 13.4 wile driving, wasent a big deal, then i saw it drop to 12.8-13.0 and was like wtf? i thought my alt was going bad

would the big 3 in 0g fix this? and a better ground spot >.> its not on my frame right now, its behind my windsheild washer fuild >.> havent had the time to change it

Edited by Freshman6969

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

bro i have the same problem stock alt big 3 rear kinetik and stinger voltmeter. driving today with music totally off it was bouncin around from idle (14.1) down to 13.6 then 13.3 it even dropped into 12's the the stinger said "LO" then shut off for a second and amp went into portect for a sec then voltage came back up to normal for 5 min

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/