Sonic Electronix

Hey all, fairly new to SMD but not so much to the car audio scene. I will go ahead and say what I got then I will get to my questions. My car is a 2008 Pontiac G8 Gt with quite alot done to the motor and rest of the car just now am getting tired of no bump. My previous truck had 3 DC level 3 10s and sounded damn good. Well I am engaged and the fiancée is not as enthusiastic about loud music as I am so I got her convinced about only one sub in the car a DC XL 15 d2. I am powering it with a saz-1500d. The sub is in a 3.5 cube box tuned to 35hz sub up port up. It comes from the factory with the battery in the trunk so that simplified wiring plus its a 120 ah battery an even better plus. I have the big three done except from the alternator to the battery because it is already 1/0 wire because of the distance. I have another battery a XS 975 in the back also, but at full tilt I see a voltage drop of about .3-.7 from idle 14.3. My stock alternator is 140 amp so I figured it was stout enough for two batteries and around 1500 Watts. So my question would be, do you think I would benefit changing out the stock battery and getting a XS 3400 or another 975 for the back? Sorry for the long drawn out post but I figured I would benefit from explaining my situation. Thanks for the time guys and Steve for a kick ass forum, I am learning more everyday!

Archived