Second Skin Audio

Forevrbumpn

Socky

Well I was wondering if you could possibly recone a subwoofer for me. Its a diamond audio d3 15. My buddy made the coil come unwound, atleast thats what i think happened. It doesnt have coil rub when i slowly press the center down. But when it plays it has a real loud wisps or grinding sound. Havnt had the chance to check the coils with a dmm.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

He had his gain set on max when i looked at his amp, therefore the sub got clipped to hell. The tensil leads look fine for what i can see, dunno bout under the dustcap. Also, he was playing songs out of freq for his box. He messed with the lpf, and gain after I adjusted it for him the first time.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

a whistle sound?

pressing on the cone while the subs is still in the box? I have seen domes lose, or ripped surrounds that will whistle when the cone is pressed on in a box, but that works more when its a sealed box

The other sounds may be a slinky coil

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Archived